Switched back to Suntek and over it already!

Oh where to start....scratching, peanuts, weak adhesive causing fingers. I switched to them recently for brand recogniton. Id have to say this film is pure garbage. I going back to Global!! Its funny how ST is the is the only brand that nobody stands up for on tintdude cause everyone knows this film sucks. Nice name...and it ends right there.

May I ask which film that you are refering to?

Is it ST Carbon? I heard similar issues.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh where to start....scratching, peanuts, weak adhesive causing fingers. I switched to them recently for brand recogniton. Id have to say this film is pure garbage. I going back to Global!! Its funny how ST is the is the only brand that nobody stands up for on tintdude cause everyone knows this film sucks. Nice name...and it ends right there.

Hey there Fat :D

I would guess it would be Carbon...

There is colour contained in the scratch coat, more or less depending on the VLT. But even if the coating is as durable as others, scratches will show more due to colour being removed from the film.

Advantages - Faster to manufacture - There for- Lower cost

Disadvantages - Scratches will show more - Usability reduced.

Cheers mate.

I have carbon suntek and mostly only use 3m blue hardcard/bare and a triangle and I haven't scratched the film,,sometimes I go over it with my bluemax to chase more water out

Occasionally any film can be scratched from grit and or bad squeege or dry no lube and I have other brands of film but nobody really cares anymore around here?lol

Just stirring the pot for internet pro tinters

Carbon and cxp. I used the hp years back and that one was the same. Sometimes i have to use my eazy in a tight space without a cloth and i'll leave a bunch of tiny scratches side by side. Suntek should put a label on boxes saying, "Do not use any hard cards installing film or it will scratch!" Avoiding scratches installing is one thing, but what about scratches that can happen after install. Customers are not likely to call back if the film gets scratched later on.

Carbon and cxp. I used the hp years back and that one was the same. Sometimes i have to use my eazy in a tight space without a cloth and i'll leave a bunch of tiny scratches side by side. Suntek should put a label on boxes saying, "Do not use any hard cards installing film or it will scratch!" Avoiding scratches installing is one thing, but what about scratches that can happen after install. Customers are not likely to call back if the film gets scratched later on.

Thanks for sharing.  :grad learnt something again

Archived