Switched back to Suntek and over it already!

I for one have used a good variety of films and really don't see that much differencein the way they shrink or install.   There was 1 that I did NOT like the poly as it was stiff and creased/pinched really easily. 

Over all I feel I could install anything but I choose Global until something major goes wrong.   I don't forsee that happening though. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

100%.  Simple issues like scratching is something that should not be an issue.  However, the poster was also complaining about burning the film, tearing the film, etc.  Window films will have different technologies, different polyesters, different dyes, etc...so your go-to method for installing one film might not be the best for another film.  When you either start on a specific film or use a specific film or a long period of time you get used to that specific film...to the point of it being "standard" in your eyes.  However there is no standard, films perform and install differently because they contain different ingredients.  It is all about finding the film you are comfortable with using and sticking to that.  This industry would be very boring if all films were basically the same and a lot less people in the industry.

when i say burn and tear what i mean is if I have a finger and put a little heat to sometimes it will just way over shrink ,for other brands . . I never have this issue with global and could put tons of heat on it with out issue. for tearing There are time I have tried squege hard to get water out  or have a debris im trying to get out under the film and it will tear, I rarely if ever  have these issues with the film tearing under pressure or debree removal with my beloved global/gareware films.  only with the other name brands. .  SMH.  

All films handle differently, so just because you were unable to install it doesn't mean the film "sucked"...it means you "sucked" at installing it.  Anytime you switch films, there is a learning curve and practice makes perfect.

I do agree with your statement tho. .  i definitley "suck" with other brands, well its not all that bad, but i have more do overs due to the issues mentioned above. . . . its very frustrating, especially if i have to demo for a shop , using there films, makes me want to use global for the demo. . .  but then again what do know?. . .  i no im still a newbie. . . I should probaly get some 1 ply suntek [if they even make that] and get good with it.

Everybody always alludes to stay away from Suntek, but a LOT of the pics i see posted here and also online videos people have at least one box of Suntek in the background. Is there one particular Suntek film that is decent that so many use it? Or is that the mistake roll that they don't know what to do with. (or is that for the cheapo car dealers?)

I haven't used Suntek, but it just seems odd all the trashing while i see the Suntek more than a lot of the top brands (and along with top brands). What gives? 

1 hour ago, Tint Slayer said:

Everybody always alludes to stay away from Suntek, but a LOT of the pics i see posted here and also online videos people have at least one box of Suntek in the background. Is there one particular Suntek film that is decent that so many use it? Or is that the mistake roll that they don't know what to do with. (or is that for the cheapo car dealers?)

I haven't used Suntek, but it just seems odd all the trashing while i see the Suntek more than a lot of the top brands (and along with top brands). What gives? 

Suntek offers a decent film for a good pricing, they have all the technologies available including HP/Carbon/Ceramic, easy installation, and they are not strict on dealers.  So just about anyone can become a dealer and they will sell to someone across the street.  IMO they were the ones that made the term "Carbon" popular.  I think they jumped in at the right time years ago offering a "low price" for a decent quality film so dealers started picking it up...this was before the big boom of Korean films and reboxers.  Since more dealers had the film, the name became bigger than others that are on the same playing field simply because that was the name customers kept hearing when calling shops.  The film is not garbage, it is pretty decent and tons of shops use it.  It just has a few issues here and there that have never been corrected which is the main complaint about the film.  As far as Suntek boxes being seen in the background, it is one of the most popular PPF films out there.  So some of the boxes might not be tint.

Recently talked to a rep about the carbon scratching.  At this time theyre not going to change it because it will negativley effect something else in the film. They did make change to the liner in

the past year.  I have noticed it pulls much better.  Its weird, i can go a while with out scratching, but then it does it a lot and my cards are smooth as hell.  The name does sell good though and is the main reason i carry it.  Fact is, custys that research film are more likely to go with a more known and established name.  

I used ST Carbon for 2 years. Stopped Midway 2013. Went to Global/Express. Now I'm getting all those ST cars with bubbles and scratches and since I no longer carry ST, they want me to buy the film needed to retint, then they would reimburse me! Wtf? I just eat the cost and replace it with Express

Archived