Switched back to Suntek and over it already!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one am lossing my mind over all these new Suntek issues that have come about in the last few months.So much so after all these years i joined Tintdude to find sanity and confirmation.The rolls i have been receiving lately are nothing like i was receiving months ago.My work day is now filled with scratches,memory/shrinking issues and STATIC.Best part,when i call them to ask whats going on with all the changes,i am told there are no changes,its me and the tools i use....A conversation i expect from my girlfriend, but the nerve coming from a large company such as Suntek.I had the rep from Dub/Luxury stop buy and drop off some sample ceramic for me to play with and soon realized me and my tools are just fine.Thanks to those who have took the time to post and confirm my suspicions. 

54 minutes ago, VooDooChild said:

.A conversation i expect from my girlfriend, but the nerve coming from a large company such as Suntek.

:spit  :lol2:lol2 That line earned an upvote alone! 

I started using  Gareware suncontrol which the owner and manufacture of global, and I then added global to my line for better name recognition. . .,There is no percievable difference  between the 2 except for the price. . . what i can tell you tho, is every time i worked in a shop that used other film .. . . [suntek, 3m,  , tint worlds in house film etc ] THEY ALL SUCKED.  and in turn i sucked. . . these films all crease easy, burn easy, tear easy, I feel like exclusively using Gareware/Global's amazing films in a way has made me a bad tinter, because the film is so amazing to handle and is so forgiving , that when i use the "Pro" Crap. . .I am much more likley to crease, burn it, tear.  . . . it almost makes me want to use suntek or something so i can get good using crap film. . . what do you guys think?

7 hours ago, Go2Guy said:

I started using  Gareware suncontrol which the owner and manufacture of global, and I then added global to my line for better name recognition. . .,There is no percievable difference  between the 2 except for the price. . . what i can tell you tho, is every time i worked in a shop that used other film .. . . [suntek, 3m,  , tint worlds in house film etc ] THEY ALL SUCKED.  and in turn i sucked. . . these films all crease easy, burn easy, tear easy, I feel like exclusively using Gareware/Global's amazing films in a way has made me a bad tinter, because the film is so amazing to handle and is so forgiving , that when i use the "Pro" Crap. . .I am much more likley to crease, burn it, tear.  . . . it almost makes me want to use suntek or something so i can get good using crap film. . . what do you guys think?

All films handle differently, so just because you were unable to install it doesn't mean the film "sucked"...it means you "sucked" at installing it.  Anytime you switch films, there is a learning curve and practice makes perfect.

3 hours ago, DynamicAppearance said:

All films handle differently, so just because you were unable to install it doesn't mean the film "sucked"...it means you "sucked" at installing it.  Anytime you switch films, there is a learning curve and practice makes perfect.

I agree to an extent. Say for instance crystalline or huper I know I couldn't shrink those without first learning the methods. If a film scratches or creases real easy I'd have to say that's on the film though. There's no reason these companies can't make a film that can handle the tools we use to install. 

5 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I agree to an extent. Say for instance crystalline or huper I know I couldn't shrink those without first learning the methods. If a film scratches or creases real easy I'd have to say that's on the film though. There's no reason these companies can't make a film that can handle the tools we use to install. 

100%.  Simple issues like scratching is something that should not be an issue.  However, the poster was also complaining about burning the film, tearing the film, etc.  Window films will have different technologies, different polyesters, different dyes, etc...so your go-to method for installing one film might not be the best for another film.  When you either start on a specific film or use a specific film or a long period of time you get used to that specific film...to the point of it being "standard" in your eyes.  However there is no standard, films perform and install differently because they contain different ingredients.  It is all about finding the film you are comfortable with using and sticking to that.  This industry would be very boring if all films were basically the same and a lot less people in the industry.

Archived