2017 civic hatchback

APTINT

This car can be done with the spoiler installed. For an experiment I did one in 3 pieces with 2 seams under the spoiler. I cut 2 rear windows on my plotter. From one I used the top section and choose a defroster line that I would use to seam it. I then shrink that top section. I then marked the other piece for the portion I would need from the other piece for the bottom portions. I then shrink this a tad on the cut board. Then I installed and cut seams. The end result was a success. Turned out clean and professional. Saved me an hour. I'll make a video next time.

On 5/19/2017 at 7:18 AM, Film_Pro said:

This car can be done with the spoiler installed. For an experiment I did one in 3 pieces with 2 seams under the spoiler. I cut 2 rear windows on my plotter. From one I used the top section and choose a defroster line that I would use to seam it. I then shrink that top section. I then marked the other piece for the portion I would need from the other piece for the bottom portions. I then shrink this a tad on the cut board. Then I installed and cut seams. The end result was a success. Turned out clean and professional. Saved me an hour. I'll make a video next time.

Computer Cut has a pattern where the the bottom part of the pattern is cut separately. Haven't used it but it would make sense to splice it there. So same idea.

Edited by Aesop_Rock

So went to Llumar's site and got a list of authorized Llumar resellers / installers in my city.  I went to one of the places that got lots of positive reviews on Yelp, Google and Facebook.

This place ended up scratching my rear passenger window.  They did end up replacing that window.

They did a poor job with the hatch window the first time, but after doing it three times they got it looking ok.

They also scratched the windshield.  They reimbursed me for the cost of the windshield and associated parts that would need to be replaced if the windshield is removed, but I'd still have to cover the labor.  I've decided to try living with the scratched windshield since everyone keeps telling me that once the windshield is replaced, things aren't the same with the car.  They did a crappy job with the windshield tint the first time.  They then replaced it and the second time it looked pretty good, but that's when I noticed the scratch and had them look to verify.  They removed the tint and found that they did scratch the windshield.  They tinted a third time and it again looks kind of messy.  It has this ripple effect near the middle of the windshield, kind of like what the last piece from the roll looks like of saran wrap, cookie sheet liners or paper towels.  There are also spots on the film that look like something almost pierced the film, but instead of breaking through, left the film stretched in that spot.

Dunno if I should have them redo the windshield a fourth time or just take the car to another Llumar dealer to do.

Edited by Synomenon