2017 civic hatchback

APTINT

You can hide a seam under the spoiler, if you place it right you cant see the seam, To much damage removing the spoiler, A lot less shrinking also .And if somebody says we have to come up with a better seam. I say no , thats just the way it seems

It is pretty curved at the bottom.  I can't imagine shrinking it without something very curved to shrink against.

lol agreed. done 3 now, taking them apart gets faster and easier. bottom of the glass is fun definitely have to put on my glove when shrinking it.

Edited by gospeed3go

Ive found what works for me.

We heat the top half, then heat the bottom half on the inside of the glass using a mac-tac so it dosent scratch the film.

usually have a few smaller fingers to hit with the heat gun after the install but I think thats a much quicker solution to removing the spoiler or seems.

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:57 PM, drtint4211 said:

I lay a piece of release liner from the last car on the inside, trim it out, take it to glass and lay it on my film and use liner piece for template, lay on back window, shrink top half, install and squeegee top half and hit the bottom with not much as I lay it down and squeegee it out, wipe it down and good to go

Cheers

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:01 PM, tintmeister said:

Ive found what works for me.

We heat the top half, then heat the bottom half on the inside of the glass using a mac-tac so it dosent scratch the film.

usually have a few smaller fingers to hit with the heat gun after the install but I think thats a much quicker solution to removing the spoiler or seems.

Hey DrTint & Tintmeister.

So you both were able to successfully tint this vehicle without removing anything? I've been tinting for a long time but hardly ever remove anything (It scares me lol). I've slowly started to learn to remove stuff here and there but not quite comfortable yet and I don't have all the tools. Now I have a customer inquiring about tinting this car. So I'm wondering if I should pass on it or give it a go lol.

Guest Metro Films
23 hours ago, CaliTINT said:
Hey DrTint & Tintmeister.

So you both were able to successfully tint this vehicle without removing anything? I've been tinting for a long time but hardly ever remove anything (It scares me lol). I've slowly started to learn to remove stuff here and there but not quite comfortable yet and I don't have all the tools. Now I have a customer inquiring about tinting this car. So I'm wondering if I should pass on it or give it a go lol.

Youve been tinting a long time and you dont have tools to take cars apart???? And your scared to take cars apart???? Dont sound like a tinter.

2 hours ago, Metro Films said:

Youve been tinting a long time and you dont have tools to take cars apart???? And your scared to take cars apart???? Dont sound like a tinter.

Well Metro Films yes, that's just the way things worked out for me. I was taught to tint long long time ago (over 16+ years ago).  I was never taught to take cars apart like the other stereo and alarm guys I worked with and since leaving my first shop I always worked alone with nobody to show me the way. Taking cars apart to me was a little intimidating because the few times that I tried, I always broke something (clips, etc.) or bent something. And some things never went back quite the same. So I gave up on it for the most part. Now a days we have more stuff on the internet (youtube, tintdude, etc,) to help me out so I have been slowly learning to take off more panels, rear decks, brake lights, etc. without breaking them. So thats kind of a low blow to say I'm not a tinter (I have thousands of cars under my belt). Maybe I'm just a tinter that's not really good at taking panels off haha. And I'm not alone, I hear many other tinters on here say they never pull panels. Unfortunately I do have to turn down 1% of my jobs because my lack of skill in this area, but I have to say that I do run a successful tinting business. Have a great day...

Edited by CaliTINT

22 hours ago, Metro Films said:

That's right metro films. Tho only thing I mainly remove these days are Toyota 3rd brake lights.

cheers