2017 civic hatchback

APTINT

19 hours ago, LickMyTints said:

I removed both spoilers, the inside panels and wiper mechanism as well. I didn't take pics of those.

I usually shrink at least 5 at once.....save them for later !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So only taking interior pieces apart and spoilers?    No exterior pieces except the spoiler?

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:42 AM, CaliTINT said:

Hey DrTint & Tintmeister.

So you both were able to successfully tint this vehicle without removing anything? I've been tinting for a long time but hardly ever remove anything (It scares me lol). I've slowly started to learn to remove stuff here and there but not quite comfortable yet and I don't have all the tools. Now I have a customer inquiring about tinting this car. So I'm wondering if I should pass on it or give it a go lol.

Yes, its do-able without taking anything apart. For me its the quickest, and easiest. Although, you probably need a film that will heat shrink well. I'm using Suntek, that stuff shrinks easy.

2 hours ago, tintmeister said:

Yes, its do-able without taking anything apart. For me its the quickest, and easiest. Although, you probably need a film that will heat shrink well. I'm using Suntek, that stuff shrinks easy.

Thanks tintmieister, I really appreciate the info. I'll give the car a shot next time.

On another note, you said you use Suntek? So I have used and been using other films like Solargard, Johnson, and most recently SolarFX. Been thinking about using Suntek but have read a few say it has issues with scratching, low angle haze (on some films), etc. What is your experience with it and do you recommend it? I just received the go to be a dealer from them. Thanks in advance!

This might seem like overkill but what I did is I ordered a new back window from Honda that way I can shrink on the stand and then install.  We've already done about 6 so far this year so its gonna be a popular car.  Im charging every customer an extra 40.00 dollars above the average price to make up for the price of the window.  Im already a third of the way there.  I realize this is isn't the best answer if you are doing low volume but this is definitely a huge time saver.

IMG_1557.jpg

Just did my first one of these. I anchored right above spoiler and shrunk top half.. test fit on the inside and finished shrinking the bottom with a MacTac. Worked out great! Used LLumar's CTX 15.

But that is all with computer patterns lol.

Edited by CooperTint

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 11:30 AM, CaliTINT said:

Thanks tintmieister, I really appreciate the info. I'll give the car a shot next time.

On another note, you said you use Suntek? So I have used and been using other films like Solargard, Johnson, and most recently SolarFX. Been thinking about using Suntek but have read a few say it has issues with scratching, low angle haze (on some films), etc. What is your experience with it and do you recommend it? I just received the go to be a dealer from them. Thanks in advance!

Yeah, Suntek isn't too popular on here. But it shrinks great and the price is right... we use their carbon and CXP films. They last in our climate where it gets to be 120 degrees. It does scratch a little easier but I always wrap my plastic tools with something soft. A good habit for any film IMO. We haven't had any customers complain about low angle haze. Give them a try and see what you think.

This might seem like overkill but what I did is I ordered a new back window from Honda that way I can shrink on the stand and then install.  We've already done about 6 so far this year so its gonna be a popular car.  Im charging every customer an extra 40.00 dollars above the average price to make up for the price of the window.  Im already a third of the way there.  I realize this is isn't the best answer if you are doing low volume but this is definitely a huge time saver.
IMG_1557.jpg.f7aeb308902b1aef5911cebdaa3ae312.jpg

I did this with a back window years ago because I was doing so many of them for the dealer. It payed off great. If I had the Honda dealer in town , I'd do the same . How much was the window ?