2017 civic hatchback

APTINT

On 12/19/2016 at 8:18 PM, no ma'am said:

I'll be tying to (cheat) on this one somehow some way. May shrink on board or half and half flipping pattern. Gonna plot it for sure.

On 12/20/2016 at 5:35 PM, The ///Man said:

It is pretty curved at the bottom.  I can't imagine shrinking it without something very curved to shrink against.

On 12/29/2016 at 1:06 AM, Blackdout said:

This car was such a PITA. Thanks to The Man for the write up on spoiler removal, it saved me so much more time. I don't see how the bg can be shrunk without he spoiler being taken off. Might end up melting it if left on. Bottom of the glass has a weird curve to it sorta like a crv.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:37 PM, Tytintium said:

Well after I lost my mind , I butt seemed it behind the spoiler on each side , you cant see it , its a whole lotta of less shrinking too, Im not removing any spoilers , The car is retarded  

On 1/18/2017 at 6:01 PM, tintmeister said:

Ive found what works for me.

We heat the top half, then heat the bottom half on the inside of the glass using a mac-tac so it dosent scratch the film.

usually have a few smaller fingers to hit with the heat gun after the install but I think thats a much quicker solution to removing the spoiler or seems.

Here is a video of me shrinking the civic hatch BG.....don't use cheap film!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 2/25/2017 at 10:59 PM, LickMyTints said:

Here is a video of me shrinking the civic hatch BG.....don't use cheap film!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, not bad to shrink, I just don't see anyone getting that much shrinking on a peel board winging it.

Just now, TinterforLife said:

I shrunk the top half letting the bottom overhang the spoiler. Then flipped over it over so the bottom was on the top and shrunk again. Slapped it in. No big deal really.

I haven't even seen one in person yet,, but this is the best non-removal solution I have seen yet. :thumb   Nice !!  

So only taking interior pieces apart and spoilers?    No exterior pieces except the spoiler?

You have to remove the motor to the wiper because there's a 10mm screw behind it holding the spoiler down. I would suggest pulling the tail lights out all the way out instead of leaving it dangling on the sides.