Defroster lines wiping off

I just tinted a 2013 Ford Focus this morning. This car had never been tinted before as far as I know. When i wiped the back glass with a paper towell and soapy water the defroster lines were just wiping off the glass like nothing. It made a mess everywhere. At first i wasnt sure what it was because i hace never seen this before in all my years of tinting but it was definitely the metal from the defrosters.

Has anyone else had thia problem? Is this an issue with this particular car maybe?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this usually happens to me on kia's and hyundais. We have waivers, regarding illegal window tinting, cracking windshields from rock chips and also  that we wouldnt be responsible for any existing  damage on defrost lines.

The defrost lines from the old window tint was probably already at a volatile state from the previous window tint removal or chemicals.

The owner told me that she has owned it since it was new and it has not been tinted before. I guess this particular glass was done by the new guy in Detroit or something. I told her about it and she thanked me for letting her know. Havent heard anything else. I feel bad for her but i could not have done anything different. Those lines would have come off no matter what. Just piss poor craftsmanship. I only hope that she doesnt feel im pulling a fast one on her.

This is the first ive ever seen it. When i wiped the window the first time i saw something on the glass and was like what the hell is that? I was thinking that maybe it was Christmas tree needles or something. They just kept coming the more i wiped and it became clear what was happening. All i used was a oaper towell and my squirt bottle with water and baby shampoo.

Just seen a 2010 Denali wagon that the pass rear 1/4 has a antenna/defroster and I noticed a few parts of the lines were moved out of there spot or already were idk,,had factory tint and tinted over so hard to see it

But i had the tint on already and he/friend uses the satellite radio

Archived