New guy needs help

This will be my first tint job. Its on a 2014 F150. I wanna tint the front 2 with 5% and then the back 2 to match the 5% in the front. What percentage do i need for the back 2 windows to match? ( they are the factory tinited glass)

Also Im leaning towards Suntek CXP film. Any idea if where i can buy a pre cut kit, Ive googled but havent found what Im looking for. My only experience is a Suntek PPF kit on this truck but no actual window tinting expereince.

Typically a 20% on top of privacy glass will be a 5%.  As for a kit, most good brands are not allowed to be sold...only installed by authorized dealers.  Even if you find Suntek CXP online like on Ebay, there is a good chance that is not the film they are actually shipping.  You won't know a difference.

Well I always wanted to give it a try and after doing the PPF I am a little more confident. Also, my last F150 was tinited 4 times before I could deal with it. From what I have read, sounds like they never taped the felt edges during the install. There was a lot crap behind the film.

If you have never tinted windows before I highly recommend not trying it on a F150. They can be tricky to an amateur.  Take it to a professional.  As for buying pre cut kits online they almost never fit right due to window shift.  If you want to satisfied with the job take it to a pro and tell them you are very picky and to take their time and please do it right.  Even ask if you can watch if they dont mind.  I deal with that quite often and dont mind but some shops wont allow you to watch.

Any chance of us talking you out of the 5% on the 2 front doors for the safety sake of others around you when you drive at night and dark rainy days ? Just food for thought

Archived