Suntek CXP vs 3M FX Premium vs 3M Colorstable

What's up everyone. This is my first post here. I'm not in the tinting industry. I'm a consumer looking to get tints put on my vehicle. While I originally thought tints were tints and that's all there was too it, I'm coming to realize there's much more. 

I'm located in Miami and I've been calling around to a bunch of different places to get different estimates. The three that I am most interested in as the title suggests, are the 3m FX premium, 3m Colorshade, and Suntek CXP. On average, I've been quoted $200 for the premium, $260 for the colorstable and for the CXP I got one quote at $225. All of these include the removal fee for my existing tints. 

So that said, which is the best value here. I know that typically, suntek is regarded as lower quality, but the CXP is there highest quality product, which competes with the 3M crystalline, right? If that's the case, would it be safe to say that I should go with that one? 

Thanks guys!

3M FX Pemium is just athstetics with a little bit of heat rejection.

Color Stable has more heat rejection to it and has a lifetime warranty.

Crystaline is the cats pajamas but it is priced accordingly.

Good: FX Premium

Better: Color Stable

Best: Crystalline 

Suntek: ?

8 hours ago, jh812 said:

Agree especially in Florida you need color stable film which to the best of my knowledge the fx is not.

:yeah that's correct the fx is not a color stable film. I would definitely recommend the 3M Color Stable film out of the options you listed. It is a beautiful film and has the warranty to back it up. 

Edited by highplains

15 hours ago, Angelo said:

what kind of vehicle do you have?

I have an infiniti g37 coupe, why do you ask?

15 hours ago, Aesop_Rock said:

You've never heard of suntek? I've been researching for a half a day and I've already heard them a handful of times.

9 hours ago, highplains said:

:yeah that's correct the fx is not a color stable film. I would definitely recommend the 3M Color Stable film out of the options you listed. It is a beautiful film and has the warranty to back it up. 

But what is the best value? I'm confident I can get the Suntek CXP down to $200. If you were on a budget, would you do that or Colorstable? I assume the CXP is better than FX premium..

44 minutes ago, HotSawce said:

I have an infiniti g37 coupe

But what is the best value? I'm confident I can get the Suntek CXP down to $200. If you were on a budget, would you do that or Colorstable? I assume the CXP is better than FX premium..

Best value for what you've been quoted is hands down the Color Stable. I personally wouldn't touch anything Suntek myself, I've read about far to many people having issues with it for it to even be a consideration and while I install tons of the FX Premium in my area I wouldn't consider it where you're at either. As far as price it sounds like you're getting a deal on the CS especially if it includes stripping your existing tint, if you were bringing it to me it would be significantly higher. 

18 hours ago,  Angelo said: 

what kind of vehicle do you have?

I have an infiniti g37 coupe, why do you ask?

17 hours ago,  Aesop_Rock said: 

You've never heard of suntek? I've been researching for a half a day and I've already heard them a handful of times.

11 hours ago,  highplains said: 

:yeah that's correct the fx is not a color stable film. I would definitely recommend the 3M Color Stable film out of the options you listed. It is a beautiful film and has the warranty to back it up. 

I've NEVER used Suntek. If you're so keen on it by all means knock yourself out. I'm all for what people like. I use 3M because that's what we have been using. Maybe Suntek is better. What matters is if you are satisfied with the end results. 

Edited by Aesop_Rock

i was curious on vehicle because of the prices. they sound very low to do a retint as highplains mentioned. i would recommend the 3m cs as others have. however the best film in the world can fail if not done properly. have you looked up reviews on these shops?