Eastman Chemical Accused Of Selling Faulty Window Tint

Too much to type but I did find out that the Llumar line has absolutely nothing to do with the Suntek fiasco. Good news for Llumar dealers and customers. Not so much for Suntek dealers and customers.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/6/2017 at 5:18 AM, Stewy said:

That's fucked up bro...

That was to max Suntek's revenue to fetch a better acquisition price from Eastman. Since mid-2010s, Steve & Jerry participated directly in the meetings and pricings with CA Koreans and FL resellers to transfer films to Sae Han's competitors in Korea. By now, both guys left Suntek.

Eastman's Llumar team was also victims. Eastman's sub-brands managers in V-Kool, Llumar, Suntek, Vista was instructed to avoid fighting among themselves. After Dec 2015, Jerry & Bird continued to sell Suntek to Llumar customers around the world, marketing Llumar standard at Suntek price. There is nothing wrong with this and outside US, it is always easy for buyers to buy through another proxy facilitate this. Now, who would have imagined that such huge disparity exists between Suntek and Llumar's production standards.

They don't understand that Sae Han is no pushover. They have businesses in many industry. Sae Han tolerated these nonsense from Suntek and cutting corners in quality was the last straw.

Actually, Eastman would have little direct responsibility if they continued to bill Sae Han under CLC. Now that Sae Han filed the lawsuit and ready to support their allegations with support evidences from other international Suntek distributors if Eastman denied their responsibility under UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods, 

I'd still like to hear back from you Suntek users about what your distributors are saying do you about this ..

If I were a Suntek user , I'd be just a tad nervous on the long term outcome of this film now till at least more is learnt

On 5/6/2017 at 6:24 AM, bestdealtinting said:

Just wanna ask if that is the case for whole suntek both automotive and residential films or it only affects the auto film lines?. Thanks for answering

I have had no issues with the flat glass film. Only auto with the "mold" issue. 

On 5/9/2017 at 0:23 AM, TintWizard said:

I'd still like to hear back from you Suntek users about what your distributors are saying do you about this ..

If I were a Suntek user , I'd be just a tad nervous on the long term outcome of this film now till at least more is learnt

Tintwizard I did ask my suntek supplier in australia. They said they are aware about the situation in Korea. They ensure the film issue has been resolved as far as they said. They said they are willing to assist if any problem arise from the film issues.

The proof is in the pudding as the saying goes but at least they are saying the right things in a situation like this ... hopefully you won't have to find out if they make good on it in the future but hopefully they do make you and your customers " whole" such any issues arise .
Thanks for chiming in :thumb

Update: Eastman Chemical Company and Commonwealth Laminating & Coating have filed a motion to dismiss the lawsuit brought forth by an Asian distributor due to lack of personal jurisdiction.

I am sufficiently amused.

Instead of addressing the film issue, they focus their energy on getting the best legal-defense to dismiss the case.

It is the same :yawn attitude that the engineers had when distributors reported about the defects. I can't speak for the rest of the world but smaller buyers are going to file suits in Korea against Eastman for their indifference.

3 hours ago, Counterpart said:

Instead of addressing the film issue, they focus their energy on getting the best legal-defense to dismiss the case.

Yeah but that's the american way. I can't really fault them for that. I don't agree with it - you're right - they should be addressing the issues at hand. But the fact of the matter is over here, that's every companies MO. Facts be damned lets just find a way out of this.

Very interesting.....

Archived