Eastman Chemical Accused Of Selling Faulty Window Tint

So I'll ask the obvious question: is Eastman going to found caught doing the same thing to Llumar brand or was this a Suntek only corner cut ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's the question @TintWizard . Definitely makes them lose credibility as a whole. I don't use either tint, but I do use the PPF. That's the first thing that crossed my mind, was are they messing with that also. At the end of the day it is all about profits for the manny's. They are faceless really. We are the ones that have to look people in the face when shiz goes south.

On 4/26/2017 at 4:55 AM, TintWizard said:

So I'll ask the obvious question: is Eastman going to found caught doing the same thing to Llumar brand or was this a Suntek only corner cut ?

Ask the shareholders.... :unsure:

4 hours ago, ready2work said:

I do use Suntek films and have been looking into other options.  Guess i'll be looking harder now because I don't want to jeopardize my reputation because of some greedy manufacturer.

Hey ready2work, give us a call if you are interested in trying out the SolarFX Window Films. You can reach us at 800-825-3746.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 0:49 AM, Counterpart said:

The Korean file the lawsuit because of the indifference and arrogance of Eastman.

Indifference - The replaced tints continued to have the same mould-issue.

Arrogance - The suit was also filed in retaliation against Suntek's continued betrayal. Sae Han was a good old faithful distributor in Korea but Suntek churn the sales volume before the Eastman takeover, Steve sold films into Korea through two FL and CA distributors. After Eastman bought over Suntek, the Asia HQ went on to cross-sell between countries for their own pockets and Eastman further demanded Sae Han to accept some unfair terms in the distributorship contract.

Sad part is that this type of activity is common, cut costs, sell, sell, sell!!!

Men get rich, companies get ruined, the consumer gets burned! On a positive note

I honestly can't tell any difference between the Suntek I use today vs the Suntek I used 10 years ago. Knock on wood, I hope it don't start failing like crazy!!!

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:51 PM, whitehog said:

Hey ready2work, give us a call if you are interested in trying out the SolarFX Window Films. You can reach us at 800-825-3746.

Got some of this film, haven't had a chance to use it yet. Looking forward to it...

Archived