Covering Back Seats

A bath "sheet" very large bath towel.   I have a light tan colored one that I put in the back seat.   Keeps me off the seat and keeps track of tools too.  I put smaller towels in the floor boards also. 

I use the bath sheet on dashes when doing windshield strips. 

I also use this to cover speakers or amps. I don't use towels or sheets because I use to get lint from the towels or sheets into the film. For some reason lint separates from the sheet or towel and into the glass. It might have something to do with the wind from opening and closing the door or going in and out of the vehicle. Idk. But, the towel I use is a big piece basically double the size of a carbon fiber towel. 

This is also what I use for cleaning top edge of roll downs before install. 

Screenshot_20170520-235452.png

I peel and stick scrap piece of film to speaker covers befor I get the rear window wet. If the car has obvious kids and candy or dogs, I stick a piece of crash wrap (similar to your plastic self adhesive film, but a whole lot cheaper). Back in the day I would get out of the rear seat with suckers and what ever else stuck to my legs, I learned my lesson early. Painters drop cloth works too. We have many laying around thanks to our auto glass division

Keep a stack of the 4x5 drop cloths from the paint sections at sLowe's handy.  They are cheap and easy to throw over any dash or rear deck.   

Start with that self adhesive plastic at the bottom against the glass where the drop cloth can't fit.  Then use the drop cloth for the rest of the deck and the tops of the rear seats.  

You can also use tape in a pinch, before anything gets wet. :thumb  

IMG_2319.JPG

Archived