Need Scratch Resistant Suggestions

We have a doctors office that is looking to remove the old window film they have now and replace it with something more resistant to scratches.  My initial though is a tinted safety film, but not sure if that is anymore resistant to scratches than regular film.  The other options I am thinking is doing a dual layer of film/safety film so atleast the outside film is clear or doing an exterior window film to remove the possibility of scratching the window film.  Right now I am leaning toward the last option, but let me know your thoughts.

Last option is good. You could also do the dual layers with the top being anti graffiti. That may be low tack enough that once that film is fubar you could peel off and they have more life out of the solar. I'm not 100% sure if that would work or not though. 

43 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

We have a doctors office that is looking to remove the old window film they have now and replace it with something more resistant to scratches.  My initial though is a tinted safety film, but not sure if that is anymore resistant to scratches than regular film.  The other options I am thinking is doing a dual layer of film/safety film so atleast the outside film is clear or doing an exterior window film to remove the possibility of scratching the window film.  Right now I am leaning toward the last option, but let me know your thoughts.

a dual layer of film/safety film ...thats what i do

44 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

I put a layer of security film big enough to go above and below door handles to keep keys and shit people put in their hands from ruining the film down the road. actually finished one as we speak

50 minutes ago, DynamicAppearance said:

Top edge and bottom edge

IMG_1499.JPG

That's what I do.. add a layer of AG film which should be removable if it gets damaged.

They do have tinted safety film which is always an option, but the different shades are more limited then normal solar film selections.

1 hour ago, Roach said:

That's what I do.. add a layer of AG film which should be removable if it gets damaged.

They do have tinted safety film which is always an option, but the different shades are more limited then normal solar film selections.

That was my first thought was a tinted safety film, Llumar has Reflective and Neutral colors.  Final decision will be exterior film which they seem to prefer.

Archived