Window Tint + PPF?

Its easy to forget how much time is spent selling and giving the tech to a first time walk in. Plus add the 20 minutes customer service returning the job, even more if you get into after care of film. This can total to an extra hour in many cases.

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 4:51 AM, lorenzotint said:

Its easy to forget how much time is spent selling and giving the tech to a first time walk in. Plus add the 20 minutes customer service returning the job, even more if you get into after care of film. This can total to an extra hour in many cases.

Little different for me. We are a mobile service and have been in the market here for 7 years... before that California. The majority of calls now know about PPF and have done some research. So I might have five minutes of phone time giving pricing and setting up an install time. There is only one guy in Dallas charging $2500+ for full front ends and he has been in this market 17 years. his shop is nicer than most dealerships, and he has the exotic car market locked in. it is what it is. If I stuck to $2500 for full front pricing I would have been out of business long ago because people simply are not going not pay it. My advice is that if your coming in new do some research and find the average price in the are your in, undercut that a little, then as your skills get better raise your rates. If you think you are going to get $2500 per full front end then I would tell you don't waste your money on training because you will be out of business pretty quick in most markets. And on that note I get a lot of business from people who got that high quote, had done some research, and went with me. By coming in that high there is a level of arrogance people are not going to like because a lot of people have an idea of what the material cost is. That's not hard to research and most people don't like arrogant installers.

On 19/08/2017 at 6:03 PM, liltintgoddess said:

<<<<first time PPF made me wanna hurt myself😳😂

52 minutes ago, highplains said:

I've been installing PPF for 5 or 6 years and still have day where it makes me wanna hurt myself! :lol2

:yeah

Steve

On 8/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, Aesop_Rock said:

Hi, 

We are getting into PPF in September and was wondering if it is worth adding to our existing tint business. 

What I mean is, can it potentially take over for tint and be more or just as profitable?

I really hope it is because the winter months are coming  fast here in northern Cali and we are hoping to offset the loss of tint customers with PPF customers. 

Also is there anything else anyone recommends to add to a tint shop that can help create another revenue stream? We are really trying to stay automotive so no FG on the horizon...yet

Just stressing about the coming winter lol.

I offset mine with remote starts and heated seats.

On 8/19/2017 at 9:52 AM, pro-tect mobile said:

Little different for me. We are a mobile service and have been in the market here for 7 years... before that California. The majority of calls now know about PPF and have done some research. So I might have five minutes of phone time giving pricing and setting up an install time. There is only one guy in Dallas charging $2500+ for full front ends and he has been in this market 17 years. his shop is nicer than most dealerships, and he has the exotic car market locked in. it is what it is. If I stuck to $2500 for full front pricing I would have been out of business long ago because people simply are not going not pay it. My advice is that if your coming in new do some research and find the average price in the are your in, undercut that a little, then as your skills get better raise your rates. If you think you are going to get $2500 per full front end then I would tell you don't waste your money on training because you will be out of business pretty quick in most markets. And on that note I get a lot of business from people who got that high quote, had done some research, and went with me. By coming in that high there is a level of arrogance people are not going to like because a lot of people have an idea of what the material cost is. That's not hard to research and most people don't like arrogant installers.

we get 1800.00 in south carolina, but we do have the dedicated installers

thanks for making this a short thread, it takes years to build a strong high end tint client base. but the CR tech film does help speed the process. keep in mind if all the TESLA owners knew how much the CR was your selling all the other dealers will have to lower the prices by 50%. they read Tintdude. lol

Lorenzo! Your the man. Glad to see your still in the business