I'm new here

Hey guys! I'm new to the forum. Just thought I'd post here and introduce myself and my business. My name is Jake and I run a tint shop in Yuma, Arizona. The sunniest city in the United States! I did tint for a long time before taking the plunge and starting my own business. Has it's challenges for sure, and I work long hours trying to handle all the tinting in addition to stuff outside of that to run the business efficiently, but I love being my own boss and I'm determined to make this thing a big success. If anyone has more experience and advice in this category, feel free to throw it at me, especially when it comes to online stuff.

My website is http://www.windowtintingyuma.com if you guys wanna check that out and give me some advice.

Thanks all!

-Jake

Now you only have to work a 1/2 day each day. Try to be efficient scheduling those 12 hours every day.

You have to give it to get it, remember that. To get work you going to have to give your work away something all new businesses go through but if you do it right it will paid big dividends. Focus on keeping your Google ratings as high as possible. This is the big one and some don't understand but the customer is always right if you have to remove the film and give a hundred percent refund I suggest do it.  I don't care what you do for business if you follow those couple rules you'll be a success if you have a quality product and or craftsmanship.

Good Luck!

Jake,

Welcome to the forum. I looked over the site, and I have a few thoughts. Probably on the end of the scale as being super picky... but whatever. :)

1. The chart on the residential page - It doesn't really say much.. it gives data, but doesn't really say something like - "The greater the # the better" or something like that to indicate what's being shown. (Like charts that show the capabilities of graphic cards.... numbers don't mean anything if it's not clear as to what is being shown)

2. On that chart - you have 'VS' - I would use lower case -  "Factory vs. Film" - IMO it just looks better.

3. Major props for using the word 'tantalizing'. :thumb2

Lastly, I didn't see anything about film brands. Which I'm totally ok with - I think as a business you should promote yourself over any brand, but I think you can balance that with at least having something listed somewhere. Not all over the place shoving it down customer's throats, but at least somewhere.

Other then that - I think it's really really nice.

Hey Jake, welcome! Viewing the mobile site, it looks awesome. I like the clean and simple design. Looks like it was built on the Wix platform?

These days it's extremely important to have a mobile friendly site. You will actually rank higher in Google's search engine algorithms if they detect a mobile/responsive website.

Thanks everybody! Great advice on the website as well, I appreciate that. I'll be making some adjustments here in the near future. Looks like I'm in the right place and around a bunch of good guys. Looking forward to getting more involved.