Don't you hate when people remove their own tint!

They leave tint all in the dot matrix and the cracks of the cars takes forever to get out! Back Windows suck to get out old tint had to do it with a olfa knife sideways! And sometimes they don't tell you  it was tinted before on the phone  sneaky suckers!

Edited by Roach
Title correction

Include a line in your written quote a note regarding removing old film or adhesive is an added cost. Prices start at minimum 3 hours of your time.

You may want to add to your phone quote script that any removal of old film or adhesive will be evaluated when the vehicle is available .

Had a guy one time say, I tooks off the tint for you on the front doors for you.  Great, now i have to scrap glue from the entire window.  The worst is if they remove a small patch in a bubbled back window. Now, i'll add more if they mention theyre taking it off and for those turd bombs with tint only on bg, cause they couldnt get it off, charge for it.  

4 hours ago, pbalentine said:

Had a guy one time say, I tooks off the tint for you on the front doors for you.  Great, now i have to scrap glue from the entire window.  The worst is if they remove a small patch in a bubbled back window. Now, i'll add more if they mention theyre taking it off and for those turd bombs with tint only on bg, cause they couldnt get it off, charge for it.  

Yes sir and blade back window if it doesn't sweat off...or they can get a new back glass....

4 hours ago, WearTheFoxHat said:

Include a line in your written quote a note regarding removing old film or adhesive is an added cost. Prices start at minimum 3 hours of your time.

You may want to add to your phone quote script that any removal of old film or adhesive will be evaluated when the vehicle is available .

How much to charge per hour 25 dollars?

Whenever a customer states they remove the film, we remind them that film is only part of the removal and that the glue has to be removed too.  If not, there will be a charge which can be the same amount or even higher than our normal removal charge.  Had a customer last week removing tint from only the rear window because he didn't want to pay the $150 we charge.  So he did it himself, shredded the film everywhere requiring a full scrape.  Explained it to him that he actually made the job much worse and we would now $250 to remove it, but recommended him just to buy a new rear glass since it will come out cleaner.

Speaking of that.... Had a 98 mustang come in didn't mention he had tint we quoted him 150 to tint...said it had no film...showed up and had removed only the first layer of film .... Told him we would give him a break and charge an extra 50 guy left like we offended him

8 minutes ago, Jkatfelix said:

Speaking of that.... Had a 98 mustang come in didn't mention he had tint we quoted him 150 to tint...said it had no film...showed up and had removed only the first layer of film .... Told him we would give him a break and charge an extra 50 guy left like we offended him

Exactly why I wouldn't give them a break.  Hit them with a high number...either they leave which is a win since you don't have to do a removal or they pay the high price which is also a win.