Commission or salary

33% is fair but not above average

when I started I made $50 per car

$25 for two fronts and $15 for a brow

20% is basically a kick to the groin

13 years later and I work for myself

i won't tell you what I get now but it's about 70% because the rest goes back into inventory 

with 3 years of experience someone is going to make a lot of money off of you if you let them

53 minutes ago, FondyTints said:

i won't tell you what I get now but it's about 70% because the rest goes back into inventory 

with 3 years of experience someone is going to make a lot of money off of you if you let them

I guess that doesn't include taxes or any kind of rent. 

Thanks 

2 hours ago, FondyTints said:

19 hours ago, Jkatfelix said:

I have 3 years of exp. What should I be getting paid....some shop offered me 20% commission..I don't like it...I'm used to making 120-150 a day ...btw I'm in socal

Just not enough info. $150 a day? How many cars do you do. If you do one car ,that great, if you do 8, that sucks. 20% is on the lower end, but we have no idea how self sufficient you are.If they charge $500 per car then at 20% you can make a ton of money. To really get any kind of good feed back, it would need to come from someone in your area as it is different everywhere.

2 hours ago, Jake said:

Just not enough info. $150 a day? How many cars do you do. If you do one car ,that great, if you do 8, that sucks. 20% is on the lower end, but we have no idea how self sufficient you are.If they charge $500 per car then at 20% you can make a ton of money. To really get any kind of good feed back, it would need to come from someone in your area as it is different everywhere.

Yea it hard to say on a % basis if you 4 cars a day at $300 a pop  thats not bad  now if you doing 4 cars at $99 for 20% thats sux. need more info

7 hours ago, Jake said:

5 hours ago, Mr paladin said:

Yea it hard to say on a % basis if you 4 cars a day at $300 a pop  thats not bad  now if you doing 4 cars at $99 for 20% thats sux. need more info

I would tint 5 full cars for 150 a day...the shop would charge between 120-250 per car