Puzzled at this request

@XPEL Jeff Hi i am a new user on here but have been lurking reading posts for some time now. I tagged you Jeff because you might be able to help me.

I have a client that has very odd requests (recently i wrapped a 2016 Mercedes CLS550 entire vehicle in XPEL Ultimate) client requested entire car done by hand with no precuts to tuck everything possible, it came out FLAWLESS. Then a week later he came back because for some reason he put paint thinner on top of the film to clean the car and scrubbed hard :S ya that puzzled me as well. So he paid again to rewrap it.

Ok so to my current issue.

I have a 2017 Porsche GT3 RS (white gloss)

The client wants to wrap the entire vehicle in Black Matte PPF (i believe it's your Stealth line, Gino from Montreal is who i normally deal with and he told me about this film) that has the black painted ppf (self healing as well). Reason i know about this film is because i am wrapping another Mercedes Sprinter entire company van with this film. Sprinter is easy (big long panels with very minor curves but the Porsche is CURVY + doorhandles and door cups are separate pieces, also mirrors i would probably have to do it 2 or 3 pc even.

I have 5 years experience with PPF and have only focused on PPF since i run a solo ship(i do all installs by myself but getting a helper for next year as i kind of overdid it this year), and have wrapped alot of full cars (Huracan / GLK's / G550 4x4 squared / Brabus G550 / Porsche Macan (several) Aventador) i consider myself with pretty good knowledge but i have never had a request to wrap a Porsche with colored PPF to change vehicle colors.

Now do you have any tips, this client won't let me remove headlights or door handles or mirrors off the car.

Or just tell him to get it vinyl wrapped then i'll wrap entire car in ppf?

the matte ppf doesnt exactly change the color,  you're not gonna take out the door handles wrap it in stealth and reinstall it. install it similarly to the cls550 and the customer should be happy. The slightest hairline gap of uncovered film around the door handles is nearly impossible to see. If he wants it perfect but doesn't want to remove the headlights he is being unreasonable. Those lights can be removed in a minute.

Is the stealth film self healing?

Edited by blackoutauto

There is actually a black painted ppf (self healing) that i am told (something new to me as well).

The new Porsche lights, you actually have to take off the entire bumper. There is no more tool (or socket) to just turn and pop it out. I actually had to call Porsche dealership mechanics to find this out.

Found out the hard way when i was wrapping a 2018 Porsche Targa 4GTS

Edited by BigRuski

Ok so I got more info on it today.

It is called XPEL Colored Ultimate, it was released 2 years ago at SEMA.

It comes in Matte and Polished, Jeff can give us more insight on this.

I will post pictures next week, ordered a full roll of XPEL Matte Black Ultimate PPF (since i have a Porsche GT3 RS and Mercedes Metris (not Sprinter) tp wrap in this stuff.)

So how did you order it if they dont advertise it? No one has heard of it... it isnt advertised at all, and isnt on their website. If there is one thing we all know is Xpel is advertising heavy so I dont see how they could have come out with something and not promoted it. Interesting concept though.

I was puzzled at this as well, but i ordered directly from XPEL. Waiting on Jeff to give some insight on this and it should arrive for Monday as i ordered in the evening last night.

I have a small sample piece at the clients shop.

Promise, will post all info as i get the roll on Monday

@pro-tect mobile This is how it went down.

Client calls me asking me to wrap their entire company vehicle after they vinyl wrap it black matte.

I come into their shop to wrap a different car and they ask me if there is any black matte ppf so i give a call to XPEL Montreal and i am told there is Painted PPF Ultimate which is black matte.

That got me curious and i asked for a sample piece, which i got and it feels like ppf but is black matte completely (not transparent).

Matte one only comes in 54" x 50'

Gloss one is 54" x 20'

Once it arrives on Monday i will give more info and pictures as proof, if Jeff hasn't replied by then.

Edited by BigRuski