Puzzled at this request

Knifeless tape is a nightmare. The promo video for it, they used it to cut off a piece from top of partial hoof (you might as well use the side of the roll for that to get a better cut) i tried it on this film and its crap, it comes off jagged a little. None of my clientel would approve (i mainly focus on high end jobs, and most of my work is full front ends or full vehicles)

@CaptainSpod thank you so much, means alot.

The colored PPF to install on a same color vehicle is no different then regular ppf (but why would you use colored)

Changing colors its a MASSIVE workload. If you are doing a full vehicle. That spoiler took me 6 hours (too many curves) + few hours for trunk lid.

It would cost $15000 to wrap the vehicle in colored ppf (considering labour + quality of work + film cost *cough* almost $10sq/ft)

Why would you do this instead of vinyl? Why is my client doing it?

He wants 1of1, something no one has done.

Quality finish of film is ALOT better then vinyl, it really looks factory painted, even pictures dont do it justice, its like a flawless paintjob.

Doesnt scratch like vinyl

Self healing (vinyl isnt)

Wont rip easily if rocks hit it.

10 year warranty.

Wait until i do the rear bumper, the GT3RS sticker isnt coming off and it will look 3d engraved ;) i left a sample piece on it today (going to leave it until i get to it, to see if it bubbles up around letters)used only my alcohol solution (no soap)

Such small amount of customers would want to pay that much for "something no one else has done".... and after one install no one else could make that claim. I guess that's why they don't make it anymore... not to mention matte black has been played out for years. One other thing to note is I could have wrapped numerous vehicles in the time it is taking you to finish one. Do you think its been worth it profit wise?

Edited by pro-tect mobile

Its not about selling this product to future clients. You have to see the bigger picture. 

This vehicle has alot of local hype around it between big shots. There is film crew recording entire process and difficulties which will be showcased at the auto show with an unveiling. There are several big sponsors in on this which open doors for me to take over several markets.

Profits wise, i havent lost anything really. Remember i am not on this car constantly. I just finished an S63 AMG full vehicle and Viper full front and VW Golf full front and i have to take 2 days off this week to do brand new Corvette full front and extra pieces. Some clients have seen the vehicle when they were at the shop and were so impressed they have booked in (another GT3RS / Maserati Ghibli.....) and 1 client has a 27 car collection who wants to start rotating vehicles in to get full wraps on them. I have to actually hire help soon because of this. Imagine the exposure and autoshow would give? May need a team of installers for next year. My focus is mainly high end clientele. 

Maximum profits will always be doing partial hood and fenders for dealers. Quick fast cash but you compete vs installers who charge peanuts and just slap it on not knowing what they are doing. I've seen cars with overlapping crumbled lines on trunk edges (no trimming done anywhere)

Also its winter time, majority of people are getting a few partial hood/fenders a week (some weeks 0 calls for some places). Slow season for us up north here.

Also: I have no deadline to complete this. Imagine once i am done, (this is how extreme the client has gone) he will get the car flat bedded to Porsche, for them to remove vents in the fenders (they are structual (bonded to the fenders not screwed on) and hold the fenders together from what Porsche said) they have to remove fenders off the car, cut off the vents, put fenders on the car, have me wrap the fenders and tuck the film, then they will remove fenders again, install carbon fiber vents with the $600 Porsche bonding paste lol and install fenders again. 

Edited by BigRuski