How long does it take to learn bottom loading from top loading???

Getting the film in without creasing it was the learning curve on bottom loading for me. I'd say learning to get the seals in and out without damaging the film or the car would be another. I know tinters that shake in their boots when asked about taking cars apart because they don't want to break anything. I used the 2 step method from day one up to about 3 years ago, now I pull seals on pretty much everything I can.

6 hours ago, Tintmaster08 said:

Getting the film in without creasing it was the learning curve on bottom loading for me. I'd say learning to get the seals in and out without damaging the film or the car would be another. I know tinters that shake in their boots when asked about taking cars apart because they don't want to break anything. I used the 2 step method from day one up to about 3 years ago, now I pull seals on pretty much everything I can.

Thanks bro learning easier ways is kool 

I learned bottom loading first as well. I tried top loading a few years ago, and it was horrible until I figured out I could cut the excess liner off... Made top loading 1000x easier, and I rarely crease the film. If I do get a crease it's a soft crease I just wrap a card in paper towel and shove it in on the crease, tint the other window, and when I come back the crease is set.

The best method is using top load and bottom.  Knowing top load method will make you much better at handling the film. A lot of you guys mention doing the bottom load to avoid creases.  Bottom load does help avoid creases, but is not the main reason i choose to do it. I do it to avoid felt contamination at the bottom edge. Tucking is hit or miss, inconsistent and sometime impossible on some vehicles.  For instance the 2003 Bmw 328 im doing today. The felt on on beemers is some of worst when theyre old and just falls off. Panels off=problem solved.  Used to hate old beemers, not anymore. 

Edited by pbalentine

On 11/25/2017 at 7:46 AM, pbalentine said:

The best method is using top load and bottom.  Knowing top load method will make you much better at handling the film. A lot of you guys mention doing the bottom load to avoid creases.  Bottom load does help avoid creases, but is not the main reason i choose to do it. I do it to avoid felt contamination at the bottom edge. Tucking is hit or miss, inconsistent and sometime impossible on some vehicles.  For instance the 2003 Bmw 328 im doing today. The felt on on beemers is some of worst when theyre old and just falls off. Panels off=problem solved.  Used to hate old beemers, not anymore. 

Nice tip helps to take stuff out your way cleaner jobs less stress.....