Last one to post #820

3 minutes ago, Roach said:

Is there a difference between store brand eggs and say Eggland eggs? I mean.... Chickens make them.... so wouldn't eggs just be... eggs?

It is all in what they are " supposedly " fed.  All natural, grain fed, no extra proteins, or growth hormones is what you are looking for in better eggs. :twocents

1 hour ago, Bham said:

It is all in what they are " supposedly " fed.  All natural, grain fed, no extra proteins, or growth hormones is what you are looking for in better eggs. :twocents

Better in what way though? I mean, can you taste a difference in, say a cake? or would it be noticed more in something like scrambled eggs?

The difference in price was $2. Which isn't anything.. I might eat a dozen in a month, so it's not like a big deal - I was just curious this morning when I got some to make french toast.

4 minutes ago, Roach said:

Better in what way though? I mean, can you taste a difference in, say a cake? or would it be noticed more in something like scrambled eggs?

The difference in price was $2. Which isn't anything.. I might eat a dozen in a month, so it's not like a big deal - I was just curious this morning when I got some to make french toast.

Nope,, no difference.  The price difference is only because of the added expense of raising them "naturally" vs. commercially.  There are supposed health benefits to going with the all natural eggs but that remains to be completely proven.  

On a similar note =  Did you know most of the honey in stores is not "real honey" and is not as good for you as "raw honey".  Unfiltered honey is the stuff that has all the vitamins and bee pollen still in it, which is better for you and why it is used in home remedies.  Filtered commercial hone is corn syrup with honey flavoring.  Make sure you are getting -unfiltered- honey and not the fake stuff.  Get it from a farmers market or small local herb store to make sure you are getting the good stuff.   :thumb   

7 minutes ago, Roach said:

I don't think you're going to notice any difference in taste. It's more of a health benefit to my knowledge. The inly ones that's tasted any differnt to me were fresh local eggs and even those mixed not much difference.