LLumar Strangled

OK LLumar is strangling our business by not giving us cutting software since we are not buying High End Tint from them. They have set a ridiculous amount in which we have to order from them to get the software from them. I like LLumar but there has got to be a better alternative. Any one with insight and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

If you are a Llumar dealer, you pay for the PCS software yearly.  There is no minimum in sales required to have the software.  If you are a big dealer than yes, they may give it to you for free.  If you are not a Llumar dealer, there are many other options out there for a cutting software...I will let users post them up below since I do not use any of them.  Plus the Llumar PCS is not that great...out of the few cars we tested it on, it was wrong 80% of the time.

when it comes to llumar and 3m. everything is BS! 

3m cancelled my account because i wont do a buy in after being with them for several years. So i told them to take a hike, 

same thing with llumar, cancelled my account because i would only buy clear uv from them, now, both come around my shop

asking for my business, are you freakin kidding me? 

1 hour ago, LukeMagic said:

OK LLumar is strangling our business by not giving us cutting software since we are not buying High End Tint from them. They have set a ridiculous amount in which we have to order from them to get the software from them. I like LLumar but there has got to be a better alternative. Any one with insight and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Their are all kinds of options out there for tinting software but yea the people I know of who get free software are buying a ridiculous amount of film. :twocents

That's to bad . You would hope they  would want to help you out .If you been with them fo a couple of years.

Just goes to show you that money is the most important to them. Maybe they should get a little Grace.

Define a "ridiculous amount".  I'm just curious.  I feel I don't spend a ton with Llumar, but it is the only brand I sell.  They are generally very helpful to me with access to their software. 

As for the 80% wrong, I'm curious what wrong means?  I tint 4-5 cars a day minimum of all sorts of cars and generally the patterns are very good.  About the only one in recent times I can recall I don't like is the current Ford Fusion.

3 hours ago, The ///Man said:

As for the 80% wrong, I'm curious what wrong means?  I tint 4-5 cars a day minimum of all sorts of cars and generally the patterns are very good.  About the only one in recent times I can recall I don't like is the current Ford Fusion.

Out of the vehicles I tested including a Tesla S which is pretty common, they were all off here or there...I am crediting one of the patterns be correct even though it was about 5% off.  If we were to use a plotter for tint (we handcut) and especially pay for it, it needs to be on point.  I did the same tests on DAP and they were 100% every single time.  I can't speak of every vehicle they offer a pattern for, but that along with the PPF patterns being horrible I can safely assume the overall patterns are not good.  As for the photos you posted, the first photo's gap is way too much IMO.  That could be because the pattern was too short or the installer simply didn't push it closer.

Edited by DynamicATL