LLumar Strangled

Nothing is free in this world....I get free software and 2 plotter but it is not really free. I am committed to buying alot of film and the minutes I stop buying....They will take it back. It is fair....hell I put heat lamp in dealerships and the minutes they stop...I come in and take my heat display and go find another dealership to put it in. Commit and hopefully they will commit....It is a marriage 

53 minutes ago, The ///Man said:

Looks like it was someone else off here. I was looking forward to seeing if “never leave my shop” includes some random Hyundai for a soccer mom. 

It would...same quality installation no matter the type of film purchased or if installed on a Civic or Ferrari.

I’ve used fvd and pcs. The only thing I liked about pcs was the line would turn red and not let you cut a pattern that was bigger then your cutting area. Fvd has that disadvantage but has many more positives. One of my favorite features is you can change a pattern by enlarging it and delete any features of the pattern you don’t like. Say you got a roll up that has big rounded corner and there would be a gap. FVD lets you tweak the pattern in the software by pulling on it at certain points. One of my favorite features is cutting from multiple  cars on the same cutting table. Say you have extra space on the cutting table you can cut quarters for the next car. 

Additionally, There are a couple of approaches to using precut patterns that are positive in nature.

1) You could have the system to capture car dealership work before a manny comes in a sets up the dealership and use only precuts for dealer sales.

2) Hiring someone to train installation of dealership precut patterns only thereby protecting yourself for that moment the installer thinks he can move on his own. They don't know custom cut.

3) Offer installations at dual-level pricing; $X X.xx for that Pick up using precut patterns or $X X X.xx for custom cut (hand cut) patterns. A smooth way of getting a little more from your cutting skills.

Also, at the advent of precut pattern systems they were never meant for a one man operation, they work out well for large tint shops with 2-3 or more installers in large urban areas with a multitude of people and car dealerships. :eyebrows

Edited by Tintguy1980

1 hour ago, smartie2shoes said:

Additionally, There are a couple of approaches to using precut patterns that are positive in nature.

1) You could have the system to capture car dealership work before a manny comes in a sets up the dealership and use only precuts for dealer sales.

2) Hiring someone to train installation of dealership precut patterns only thereby protecting yourself for that moment the installer thinks he can move on his own. They don't know custom cut.

3) Offer installations at dual-level pricing; $X X.xx for that Pick up using precut patterns or $X X X.xx for custom cut (hand cut) patterns. A smooth way of getting a little more from your cutting skills.

Also, at the advent of precut pattern systems they were never meant for a one man operation, they work out well for large tint shops with 2-3 or more installers in large urban areas with a multitude of people and car dealerships.

My system kept me from having to hire another a tinter. There are two of us and we get along. Every tinter that comes in does 10 cars a day, perfect, and never misses a day of work. The reality is they cry after 3, all of them come back, and they miss more days than they work. Dealing with tinters gets old, and even as a 1 man show like this week with my help out with pneumonia, it’s been a godsend as I am able to keep up with our appointments being in 2 places at once with the cutter. I’ve been using precision cut pretty consistently since 2010-2011 and I can say it’s pretty rare that something is completely awful with patterns. We’ve adjusted our installs to the patterns though, so maybe that helps versus those who think the patterns should adjust to their style, no matter how ridiculous it is. 

I’ll leave it at this. If precision cut costs you the equivalent of 1-2 tint jobs a month, the flip side at least for me is that it’s allowed the two of us to do 2-3 more jobs a day with greater consistency, less waste and less frustration. I will never complain about a couple hundred a month if it means an extra $10,000 a month. 

40 minutes ago, The ///Man said:

My system kept me from having to hire another a tinter. There are two of us and we get along. Every tinter that comes in does 10 cars a day, perfect, and never misses a day of work. The reality is they cry after 3, all of them come back, and they miss more days than they work. Dealing with tinters gets old, and even as a 1 man show like this week with my help out with pneumonia, it’s been a godsend as I am able to keep up with our appointments being in 2 places at once with the cutter. I’ve been using precision cut pretty consistently since 2010-2011 and I can say it’s pretty rare that something is completely awful with patterns. We’ve adjusted our installs to the patterns though, so maybe that helps versus those who think the patterns should adjust to their style, no matter how ridiculous it is. 

I’ll leave it at this. If precision cut costs you the equivalent of 1-2 tint jobs a month, the flip side at least for me is that it’s allowed the two of us to do 2-3 more jobs a day with greater consistency, less waste and less frustration. I will never complain about a couple hundred a month if it means an extra $10,000 a month. 

Another upside for sure ... you're an except to the rule when it comes to complaining. I bet your input to the PCS team would always be appreciated.  :thumb