Is this normal?

Looks like he caught a floater... it happens...  we live on a dusty dirty rock with lint and fine hairs
floating everywhere....   let him do it again....  random things are just unavoidable sometimes and we all run into it
Yea I get things happen and have no issue with going back. I guess it was more with his attitude with basically you get whatever I give you.

He shouldn't have an attitude with you.... I always say... what kinda day did he have?  Ya never know. I get grouchy with customers sometimes and it's not their fault just a bad day... when he said it may be better it may not be if he redoes it.... that's sometimes true. You have adhesive on the glass. Behind the seals and felts and the more you disturb them to really make sure everything is removed- the higher the chances are to end up with more contaminants in the replaced film. Another reason you should leave it with him... the Installer will most likely be more patient and not rush the process. Best of luck to ya!

Edited by CnCCustoms

22 hours ago, trp3383 said:

Hey, I've had about 10 cars tinted over the past 15 years. I just got my suv tinted and was wondering what's considered normal when it comes to contamination and defects in the tint. I had the front windows done in 20% express hp tint. The tinter which has been around awhile runs his shop of of his home garage. He has plenty of good reviews online also. Is it normal to have contamination such as dust and defects in the tint or should he have redone the window? He told me he was anal about his craft but then stated he can't guarantee there won't be specks or defects. I sent him a picture of it and he said he'd do it again but can't guarantee it's going to be and better or worse. I've attached a picture of my side window. There are other random specks of dust that don't bother me much. Should I just live with it or have him redo it? Again I'm not in the trade so just curious if this is normal or not. Thanks Guys8523396819896526769ae2f5a0561d55.jpg

Redo. Bottom line. That is not dust and in the most visible spot it could be