Struggle

It's always been a struggle of mine over the years of tinting.

1/4 window and getting a clean install.

no matter how much I scrape clean wipe flush I always have one or two 1/4s that look ok like absolute crap.

any tips or tricks that I should try?

6 hours ago, BRITEworks said:

Thanks for the reply I will try the dry method. When I redo 2 1/4s of the WRX I did this past weekend 

And some use stainless olfa to scrape edges inside corners real good!!! Let us know how it goes when u do them again!!!

Edited by quality tintz

When I was new my quarters looked like crap too. Now they look really good. 

I keep many of my installation tools after they have exceeded their life for installs and use them for cleaning purposes only. I mark them with an X on both sides

My procedure:

1: Razor window

2: Spray foam glass cleaner all around the seals. 

3: Using a thin microfiber towel and whatever tool (contour, bone, tri-edge, etc.) will fit into that particular window, I will do a pass all around deep into the seals. This also loosens the seal for easier installation. I also wipe the surrounding area in case the tint touches those areas during install. Flush windows with slip solution. 

4: Then I follow up and I do the same thing with a quality blue shop (paper) towel. Not the kind that breaks apart but the reuseable ones.

-READY FOR INSTALL

5. Light but complete mist on the window with slip solution. I never spray deep into the upper seal before installation. 

6. Peel liner from film and remove piece from clean transfer board or exterior window

7. Wet film while holding in the palm of my hand. I try not to handle the edges when possible. 

8. Carefully install with as little touching of seals and outer areas of the window as possible. 

If the car is brand new, I might skip the microfiber step if I feel its pretty clean. 

3 hours ago, CaliTINT said:

When I was new my quarters looked like crap too. Now they look really good. 

I keep many of my installation tools after they have exceeded their life for installs and use them for cleaning purposes only. I mark them with an X on both sides

My procedure:

1: Razor window

2: Spray foam glass cleaner all around the seals. 

3: Using a thin microfiber towel and whatever tool (contour, bone, tri-edge, etc.) will fit into that particular window, I will do a pass all around deep into the seals. This also loosens the seal for easier installation. I also wipe the surrounding area in case the tint touches those areas during install. Flush windows with slip solution. 

4: Then I follow up and I do the same thing with a quality blue shop (paper) towel. Not the kind that breaks apart but the reuseable ones.

-READY FOR INSTALL

5. Light but complete mist on the window with slip solution. I never spray deep into the upper seal before installation. 

6. Peel liner from film and remove piece from clean transfer board or exterior window

7. Wet film while holding in the palm of my hand. I try not to handle the edges when possible. 

8. Carefully install with as little touching of seals and outer areas of the window as possible. 

If the car is brand new, I might skip the microfiber step if I feel its pretty clean. 

This is exactly what i do.... but add one more step after 4 but before 5....

HIT it with the air duster to get any loose fibers out