18 Ferrari 488 spider

The last Ferrari I pulled paint on was a "gently used" F430 with 2800 track miles.   Acquired from out of state, the dealership asked me to remove the beat up film and sure enough a little of the clear came off above the windshield.  No big deal I figured, happens far too frequently on these things.  Well no big deal until the new manager called me in his office wanting $5000 for the  repaint and $30,000 diminished value.   Its not worth the risk as far as my business is concerned, anyone with enough coin to buy one of those things has a better lawyer than I do.

2 hours ago, Speed said:

The last Ferrari I pulled paint on was a "gently used" F430 with 2800 track miles.   Acquired from out of state, the dealership asked me to remove the beat up film and sure enough a little of the clear came off above the windshield.  No big deal I figured, happens far too frequently on these things.  Well no big deal until the new manager called me in his office wanting $5000 for the  repaint and $30,000 diminished value.   Its not worth the risk as far as my business is concerned, anyone with enough coin to buy one of those things has a better lawyer than I do.

Ain't that the truth.....that is why term and agreement on your work order come into play....  We have  never lost a charge back over it...... Have repo 3 cars over charge back or non payment.... 

On 3/26/2018 at 11:43 PM, tint_audiopros said:

HMM...have you actually pulled paint when removing on a Ferrari? What year?  Guess I can always pass on the removal if its ever needed but don't think I'll pass up doing the install. Anyone else have any experience with Ferrarri and PPF?

Out of the 2500 Ferraris sold annually in the U.S., we might get 2 calls per year on paint peeling, if that helps you figure out your odds.  If half of the Ferraris sold annually (2500) in the U.S. got film (1,250) and half of those were XPEL film (625), that's far less than 1% that are problematic.

Having said that, I agree with Speed that you should be cautious around cars with known paint weaknesses.  Have waivers signed and have honest discussions with your Ferrari customers.

Don't be that guy that charges more cause it's a high end car....  

act like you've done a hundred of them (don't lie about it, just be confident in your work and experience) and don't treat it any different then any other car.  If you do crappy work on a honda because it's cheap then you'll never get a Ferrari to do.  Do the honda like it's a Ferrari and you'll have a better business which will get you better cars and pricing....

Josh