18 Ferrari 488 spider

Hey to all my exotic PPF installers. I've been installing PPF for well over 10 years and recently contacted by a gentleman with a few exotics. Well I've never worked on a Ferrari so To start off he wants his 16 Ferrari 488 spider, Full hood, Full Fenders, Full Bumper side mirrors etc... I know from experience that we don't price this one like we would a corvette or a camaro. Using LLumar Platinum can anyone give me some insight on this? He also has a 2018 Porsche 911 GT2RS that he would like the same coverage. How do you all price for exotic installs at your shop?

The dealership I work for prices all cars the same. We have Porsche, Mercedes, and Acura and weathers its a tlx or a nsx its the same. But im sure you could charge a little more since high end cars usually have more pieces in the patterns.

idk I mean carrying general liability to work on a million dollars worth of cars or carrying GL to work on 250,000 worth of cars. The liability alone is enough to make me want to charge more not to mention how huge the bumper is on the $250,000 488 spider. I'm def. gonna charge more or I'll just stick with doing GM's and Fords.

Edited by tint_audiopros

You'll have more headaches pleasing Corvette owners than you will with Ferrari owners. The bumper is moderately difficult, but everything else on that car is easy peasy.  Set your pricing based on the bigger harder cars and charge that much for everything. 

You just want to build in enough margin that you aren't afraid to spend as much time and film needed to make sure that the job looks great and still make a profit.  Every once in a while you'll have the customer with unrealistic expectations that you have to be prepared to refund, so keep that "slush fund" in mind as well.

On 3/19/2018 at 11:57 AM, tint_audiopros said:

16 Ferrari 488 spider, Full hood, Full Fenders, Full Bumper side mirrors etc...  2018 Porsche 911 GT2RS that he would like the same coverage.

full fenders are easy , mirrors has 5 or 6 pieces each , e bit tricky ,  front bumper may need some trimming , the hood - bulk start with the V , than closed the valley from the windshield down , than tackle the sides.

you can extend the fenders to wrap edges by the door.

the porsche , remove badge from hood if any , bulk the hood , easy. fenders can be bulk too , the new models does not remove headlights like before , but you can wrap between headlight rubber and paint. the porsche bumper may be challenging by the vents , the sides of the bumper.

i price everything same , more when extra pieces in the kits involved or panels with difficulty.

I wouldn't touch the Ferrari.  Weakest paint and chances it will pull up when removed.  Also, with Ferrari rolling back odometers on their cars, rock chips would be a way to discourage them from rolling it back, hence preserving resale....  ironic huh?

The GT2 has no badge, its a sticker like the GT3RS.  

Edited by Speed

On 3/23/2018 at 9:00 AM, Speed said:

I wouldn't touch the Ferrari.  Weakest paint and chances it will pull up when removed.  Also, with Ferrari rolling back odometers on their cars, rock chips would be a way to discourage them from rolling it back, hence preserving resale....  ironic huh?

The GT2 has no badge, its a sticker like the GT3RS.  

HMM...have you actually pulled paint when removing on a Ferrari? What year?  Guess I can always pass on the removal if its ever needed but don't think I'll pass up doing the install. Anyone else have any experience with Ferrarri and PPF?