How long do you have to cut bottom Edge to pass both seals when bottom loading?

On 4/29/2018 at 10:44 PM, quality tintz said:

No need to put 12 inches lower than seal if you don't need it...

its not that extreme.  im probably 1 inch below the seal.  but you know what?  i never had a single person came back and said their tint is peeling from the bottom since i started removing sweeps and bottom loading.

I bottom load and plotter cut with Precision Cut. I always use the long patterns just to be safe.

Add a little heat if needed, double snap and install with no bottom sweep to fight you.

The thing I need to learn is how to do a double snap on my peel board so I don't have to use the car. Most of them don't need anything but the double snap helps a touch.

15 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I bottom load and plotter cut with Precision Cut. I always use the long patterns just to be safe.

Add a little heat if needed, double snap and install with no bottom sweep to fight you.

The thing I need to learn is how to do a double snap on my peel board so I don't have to use the car. Most of them don't need anything but the double snap helps a touch.

Snappy doo doo 

16 hours ago, ErieTint said:

I'm about an hour and a half south of you if you need advice

On 5/2/2018 at 2:59 PM, ErieTint said:

On stuff like that,  I’ll just set up a regular finger like your wet shrinking. Right in the middle of that bottom edge. ( on the peel board) pocket shrink it and start laying.

48 minutes ago, ErieTint said:

I may take you up on this one of these days/weeks that I am slow.

Wouldn't hurt to talk shop with someone close either.

I've been to his shop a few times now, always a good time and I think we both learn something new every time.

Edited by jh812

I have learned more from my students then i have from my teachers LOL  I just waste oxygen on the planet and not sure if I will ever go back to work.  If there was a get together within a couple hours of me,  would love to attend and even vid the various talents to broaden my knowledge.  I have considered a class 3 RV and cruise the country visiting tint shops,  just have to overcome the minor disagreement I am having with my right leg first  LOL  eventually I will teach it to obey and do what me brain asks,  gas,  brake and such

13 hours ago, shadytints said:

I have learned more from my students then i have from my teachers LOL  I just waste oxygen on the planet and not sure if I will ever go back to work.  If there was a get together within a couple hours of me,  would love to attend and even vid the various talents to broaden my knowledge.  I have considered a class 3 RV and cruise the country visiting tint shops,  just have to overcome the minor disagreement I am having with my right leg first  LOL  eventually I will teach it to obey and do what me brain asks,  gas,  brake and such

Hope u get better fast shady u good man and Tinter!