Switching Tint Supplier

Hey guys, I started tinting back in 2015 and when I started I decided to go with solargard NR Charcoal only because a well know shop from a town over used it and I figured it would be a good film to use.  Well long story short I've noticed a decline in quality in the film and after a brutal winter here north of the border I find myself replacing more windows than I'd like cause the start peeling.  I'm assuming adhesive failure..

I've done some research and alot of ppl recommend Global.    What line of tint is the most common that installers like from Global?  Also anyone here have a contact number for a supplier in Ontario? 

10 minutes ago, dan_kohan said:

install it properly and you won't have peeling issues. Do you top load film or remove seals and bottom load it?

Yes I agree, for the most part peeling doesn't mean it's an adhesive failure, it can be a bad edge catching on the seal or damaged edge during installation when tucking ect. Removing the seals and bottom loading usually gets rid of the peeling issues. 

Not saying that your installation and install method is the problem but there is a chance it could be.

Hi FehrTintGuy,

Could I suggest calling the team at Express Window Films?

They are conveniently located only 25-30 miles away from you in Placentia.

As for a film suggestion, I can happily say that the custom-specific color stable Classic Black formula has been installed on the equivalent of around 1 million vehicles in all parts of the planet. To be more precise... Express Window Films has distributed 32,826,539 sq/ft of Classic Black since first running off the production line. That's not the most interesting part though...

There has not been a single longitudinal failure to this very day.

I hope this helps in some way.

Michael. 

Edited by Glass Tinting Supplies

Sry for late reply.   To answer some questions I too load so no I dont remove seals on most cars.  I'm not familiar how to remove most seals and don't want to be removing door panels so I just top load cause that's the only way I know how.  Thing is though I haven't had as many ppl come back as this year but I'm not doing anything differently.   If anything I try to get bottom seals cleaner than I used to.   Just trying a few things to see if I still get peeling windows after I try different tint.    Also I've been having quality issues with solargard for a while.  

I find little cuts in the tint sometimes, scuffs and sometimes bugs and what not. Also sometimes it feels like they send a completely different tint that curls opposite way of what I'm used to and just rediculasly static.   Not happy