Expected pay per vehicle tinting at a dealership?

On 8/10/2018 at 8:03 PM, pottsnpanz said:

Panamera

I appreciate reading all ur feedbacks to this, been in and out of several dealerships, way to much bull, will only do solid fully thought out deals anymore, the . Hr breakdown is way to go. Like mechanics book, gives incentive to go harder and not get lazy, also preview lot each season to adjust for new models and adapt, make ur own book. And don’t fall victim to the salesman. They know they make lots of money and how much, u should to, do the research and do the math.🌞🤟

I’m confused about you post aswell. I started at the dealership as a Tinter. That was my way in the door. They started me at a low hourly wage but I didn’t care because I knew where I wanted to be and that I was going to get there. I came into there knowing that I wasn’t going to give them no choice and they had to make me a tech. In less then a years time I got a 40% increase in pay and now I’m union with all the perks and benefits. I worked hard and help everyone out and was a star employee. You see I never finished college and I did go to tech school but I never finished either. Being a journeyman tech is always something I wanted to see to completion. They pay for my schooling/training and certifications. I get paid for lunch travel and while I’m in school. In the meantime I run my tint business on the weekends. Yes I work 7 days a week. I’ll tint five cars every weekend with one  employee I’ve hired and I’m always booked several weekends out consistently. I’ve already got one high income skill and that’s tinting. I’m developing my second high income skill. My boss has plans to eventually phase me out as a Tinter and become a Tech only. Honestly I love what I’m doing now. My boss and work environment is awesome.  Whytint you sound like you’re your own problem. It doesn’t matter whatever you do you have to put in [emoji817]. Really who cares what others techs think. When I first started the other techs didn’t respect my line of work but i feel that was my predecessor fault. He was a hack that got fired. Now it’s kinda funny they all say what are you still doing here you should go full time with your business. 
I agree dont know why his here. I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm really trying to become a tech, and considering just doing the tint as a business on the side for now so how did you market, do you use a plotter? Good to hear you're doing good

14 hours ago, WhyTint said:
On 8/16/2018 at 9:25 PM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:
I’m confused about you post aswell. I started at the dealership as a Tinter. That was my way in the door. They started me at a low hourly wage but I didn’t care because I knew where I wanted to be and that I was going to get there. I came into there knowing that I wasn’t going to give them no choice and they had to make me a tech. In less then a years time I got a 40% increase in pay and now I’m union with all the perks and benefits. I worked hard and help everyone out and was a star employee. You see I never finished college and I did go to tech school but I never finished either. Being a journeyman tech is always something I wanted to see to completion. They pay for my schooling/training and certifications. I get paid for lunch travel and while I’m in school. In the meantime I run my tint business on the weekends. Yes I work 7 days a week. I’ll tint five cars every weekend with one  employee I’ve hired and I’m always booked several weekends out consistently. I’ve already got one high income skill and that’s tinting. I’m developing my second high income skill. My boss has plans to eventually phase me out as a Tinter and become a Tech only. Honestly I love what I’m doing now. My boss and work environment is awesome.  Whytint you sound like you’re your own problem. It doesn’t matter whatever you do you have to put in emoji817.png. Really who cares what others techs think. When I first started the other techs didn’t respect my line of work but i feel that was my predecessor fault. He was a hack that got fired. Now it’s kinda funny they all say what are you still doing here you should go full time with your business. 

I agree dont know why his here. I'm in the same boat as you are. I'm really trying to become a tech, and considering just doing the tint as a business on the side for now so how did you market, do you use a plotter? Good to hear you're doing good

I’ve been tinting for over 14 years and I have a large clientele base. That’s where most of my work comes from the other 1/3 is from Yelp. I’ve been hand cutting most of those years and funny got a plotter two years ago. I really don’t know why I didn’t get one sooner. As for being a tech it’s great I like the work but it’s looking like I’m going to retire from it once I’m a journeyman. Last year I made more money from my side tinting business then as a tech. Considering that I was only tinting weekends. Factor in how much money I spend on tools and it looks like I have to open my open tint shop. We’re all here a short time so I have to make as much money in the shortest possible time. Let me know if there’s any other questions.