Got the Clear crush and pink clean

The pink did flex too much in the unger handle but fits nice the hand holder. 

31 minutes ago, jh812 said:

I tried a couple of them and they're ok for that. Nothing special really though so I ditched them.

If you're using them to install with it's just going to leave water behind. That pink you might as well wipe silly putty on the window.

What do you clean bg with now??  

20 minutes ago, pbalentine said:

The pink did flex too much in the unger handle but fits nice the hand holder. 

What do you clean bg with now??  

My tray has the blue and orange in it I use either of those and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why I pick which :lol

56 minutes ago, jh812 said:

My tray has the blue and orange in it I use either of those and there's no real rhyme or reason as to why I pick which :lol

I do the same...either use the 6.5” blu max or the stroke dr, which broke weeks ago 1 month old) Probably wont buy again. I did pick up a side swiper and dont like it.   

Im giv up looking for bg cleaning tools. Every way is just a little inconsistant.  Im just gonna wipe the bg down with a mico fiber and call it a day!

I use the clear crush for installing Clear Plex on windshields, but only because that stuff scratches easily. I have to do at least 2 final passes, because it’s so soft. But I’ll take that over having to start over from scratching it any day.

@pbalentine

I modified one of those cheap orange Chanel squeegee’s from Home Depot for cleaning back glasses. Made 2 lengths, 

8in and 5in for smaller ones. I like that when you get close to the bottom, you can just slide the Chanel in the direction that works best. Also have a 12in Black n white, to get down further if needed.

6 hours ago, pbalentine said:

I do the same...either use the 6.5” blu max or the stroke dr, which broke weeks ago 1 month old) Probably wont buy again. I did pick up a side swiper and dont like it.   

Im giv up looking for bg cleaning tools. Every way is just a little inconsistant.  Im just gonna wipe the bg down with a mico fiber and call it a day!

I use the cheap white and black squeegee for prep at the bottom maybe a first pass to knock some stuff down. Side swiper I've used since starting on just the bottom of bg and I don't have any issues. Tried stroke Dr threw it in the street after first pass and the blade came out.

The stroke drs are lower quality and not made the same anymore. First one went a few years, the next was like a month.  The should put the stroke dr handle on the side swiper. 

Id like make a blade that flexes that excepts the orange and blue side wiper blades, but on a handle.  Blue for install and clean with orange. Maybe can cut the blade off the side swiper?? These blades are the cost effective and less hassle. No sharping, just ditch the blade a first sign of wear. 

Done!! Chopped up the sideswiper blade then drilled 1/16 holes for the jaw teeth to go into.  Doesnt have much flex, but i can modify for it. I tried this months back with an old stroke doctor, but it was really stiff and thale quality of that tools suks. 

2E1E30F6-6179-423D-980F-9A1DCB8A2ED6.jpeg

7B7FEAB3-7493-43C6-82EB-A861B914D7C2.jpeg

761731F5-C533-456F-9E43-8E77E15D55A6.jpeg

Edited by pbalentine
spelling

On 8/30/2018 at 5:30 PM, pbalentine said:

I just put the pink clean in the hand holder and the clear crush in a unger handle. I think the pink is gonna replace black turbos for me; which i use when a handle one doesnt fit.   I may use it on rollups, depending how long the blade lasts and if it can be sharpened. Im gonna try the clear w handle on the next bg i get, hopefully its better. 

Tint slayer, i checked and it looks like the green turbo is softer than the black.  That may be too soft IMO. 

Dark green stiffer watch video light green softer....