Anything better or at par with Xpel out there?

5 hours ago, Guest dont know what to do said:

Im having the same problem with our Xpel Rep, try calling never pick up the phone,dont call back don't know wants going on.The techs at Xpel  are not like the same tech they had last year the ones now do not know what they are doing when it comes to navigating you through their DAP software,i talked to 3 different people its the same with all of them not knowing how to,they should have been trained fully on the program before taking calls!Hopefully it gets better soon  or im jumping ship!

All that you mentioned been thru multiple times when we started off but I guess it is what it is.  

Watched videos to setup our plotter as no one could help.

For our Xpel advanced training registration even CS was surprised I was calling them directly as she advised me that it has to be ‘approved’ by our regional rep but instead he sent us to call them directly like always.  After a few back and forth got it taken care of.  No issues there.

Anyhow, great product and software!  I guess like Jeff said they should be fine soon, hopefully.

Guys like Josh, how is Suntek’s rep? And their customer service team?

Edited by Noel

12 minutes ago, PRatx said:

after 3 years of exclusive xpel i switch to suntek , xpel don`t value your loyalty , you end up be another number for them.

We're sorry you feel that way, but yes, we do provide different levels of support.  Our reps' time is in heavy demand, so they tend to spend their time in the areas that they get the most return.  This doesn't always mean the biggest shop.  Having said that we do have a minimum purchase level to be listed on the dealer locator.  If a shop is below that minimum, they tend to get less support (unless they are fresh out of training or new to XPEL).

Edited by XPEL Jeff

17 hours ago, PRatx said:

after 3 years of exclusive xpel i switch to suntek , xpel don`t value your loyalty , you end up be another number for them.

You're absolutely right on that!  However, in Xpel's defense they do have great products plus nowadays ppf equals Xpel for most consumers out there.  Their DAP is second to none compared to other brands.  Yes, their people and personnel issues need some work maybe time will tell.  

I put this post up mainly because of Xpel's people issues and to explore other options that are similar or better and it seems that Suntek is the consensus out there with most installers. Heard from many that there rep and customer service act as one and they put their installers as their priority.

Lastly, Jeff from Xpel here who posts for them I have to stand up for this guy - he was our rep at the time we signed up and got started.   He is a First Class gentleman.  Goes out of the way to help and make things right and ensure their installers are their customers and so were the trainers at Xpel like Alex.  Can't vouch for the others there.

Thanks everyone for the input it was great to hear you all.

On 5/29/2019 at 9:11 PM, Noel said:

Guys like Josh, how is Suntek’s rep? And their customer service team?

I can only speak for my Suntek rep and the region they represent but I've had very good experiences with them.  They usually answer the phone or text and call back quickly.  They're very good about remedying any issues I may encounter with film and they're very professional and knowledgable and keep me in the loop about things coming out.  They do come out and visit every few months which is nice too.  I'm not even a big shop and only buy a few rolls of film per month so it's nice to feel like they value even us small businesses.  I try to give them as much feedback as I can also about anything and everything.

I don't use the software too much as I bulk most everything but when I have a Porsche door with the mirror in the way, I had them make me a custom kit just for that and they saved it to my computer so that will save me a ton of time trying to trim around that mirror and I do a lot of Porsches so it's nice to have them help me like that.  

Josh

On 6/1/2019 at 4:49 AM, XPEL Jeff said:

We're sorry you feel that way, but yes, we do provide different levels of support.  Our reps' time is in heavy demand, so they tend to spend their time in the areas that they get the most return.  This doesn't always mean the biggest shop.  Having said that we do have a minimum purchase level to be listed on the dealer locator.  If a shop is below that minimum, they tend to get less support (unless they are fresh out of training or new to XPEL).

Man i hate this mentality from companies. Look after the big guy and let the little guy to fend for himself. Perfect example of why its so hard to start a business and survive which sucks. If someone isnt getting the sales you want then you help to build them so they can make the purchases they want. They arent making minimum purchases because they want to im sure, its because they are trying to build their business, customer base so they can, trying to survive and pay the bills. 

Such a $hit way to look at dealing with business 'partners'. Lets help the guys that bring us in the most money, give them the most discount, send more clients their way so they can continue to make a ton of cash and drive around in their ferrari. Meanwhile the little guy is trying to pay the bills and keep the doors open.

Once a place is buying a lot of product, making heaps of cash, has a good customer base then the focus should go on the little guy, help them build, see what you can do discount wise to make it easier. The big guy continues to make cash and you help build the little guy to make you more money. Makes a lot of sense, how many little guys went under when they could have been the next big money earners for you.

Cant comment on the XPEL guys there but doesnt seem good to me getting on a forum saying buy loads from us or you get crappy support and we wont list you. I know here when i wanted to look at XPEL the reps were arrogant and i feel i dodged a bullet there. they can have the 'name' id rather install a film that is just as good with a loyal team behind it.

@OZinstaller, you’ll notice that I said “this doesn’t always mean the biggest shop.”

I also said “where they get the most return.”  Sometimes the biggest return is growing a small shop into a medium shop or a medium shop into a large shop.  

I cant speak for everyone, but I choose how I spend my time based on the attitude and loyalty of those in need of help and what I think they can accomplish with the resources I provide them with.  I’ve built my entire career on helping grow one man install shops turn into thriving businesses that lead their market, so I sleep well at night. 

I apologize if I wasn’t clear in my previous post, but the point i was trying to make earlier is that reps generally don’t spend a lot of effort on part-timers, because their efforts are more productive if spent with full timers. 

This is is no different than if you had a finite amount of time and had to choose between doing work for a dealership that only used your services and pushed your products hard, or a dealership that used you along with other ppf shops and only offered your services when somebody asked for it  specifically. 

Edited by XPEL Jeff

20 hours ago, XPEL Jeff said:

xpel don`t value your loyalty , end of story

i had an slow time with rain years ago and you guys erase me from your locator because i didn`t buy the "quota"

Surprisingly your company spends so much in marketing and to get new clients and so little to keep the old clients, that were loyal once....