PPF on Natural Stone

On 5/16/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mlaerc said:

Hi. I have quick question to you guys, those which done already ppf over marble. I done one gloss table and one gloss counter top in office. With those two I had minor issues about contamination which came from micro cracks in marble, but were easy to fish them. 

And now I doing kitchen which have matte finish marbles... I done table today and have big issue with contamination. Every single lifting of material is leaving "sand" on adhesive, but amount of it and gradation is impossible to clean it 🤯 and lifting I mean before squeegee it, just to put more slip solution under film... Does anyone had similar experience? 🤔 

When installing on natural stone. It it very important to not lift once its applied and to squeegee before the grains of the stone lift up.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:39 PM, DnawrapsGa said:

I would use Vinyl, Double it up for added protection, be sure to use architectural film. It will last. PPF will show air all over the place, guaranteed 

I have tested PPF with a 15%VLT auto film piggy-back on acrylic and poly-carbonate facing SSE for a year. No bubbles. Couldn't go another year because the space was needed for other tests.

40 minutes ago, TINTZEUS said:

This was a marble table with crystal in lay. This was a sweet job! Eazy money!

200,000 table. 

20180607_163306_Film1.jpg

I've put PPF on many furnishings, notably on the Formica surface of my desk. Over time the PPF has acquired permanent stains, scratches, and scuffs; these are likely not to have happened to the Formica surface.

I do know that the PPF will come away without leaving adhesive behind, but I cannot say that about stone. Good luck with that table, that's a whole lot of digits under the film.

On 9/15/2022 at 7:40 AM, ElementShield said:

Yes I did, and honestly the results have been better than expected. No Staining and makes cleaning maintenance so much easier for the client, locking in that brand new appearance. In regards to the 'grip' on the surface. It all depends on the type of film.

Back again two years later. Which material do you figure is best for application? I've used TPU and PET. TPU ended up an easier install, it contoured to the surface easily and was able to wrap around the table to provide protection on the sides. PET was the hard material which I would've favored more. It's theoretically an easy install if it was just a flat table, however with existing sink/stove setup it proves difficult to cut around. As well, does brand matter in your opinion? I used Alibaba TPU and let it sit for a year, the edges did not want to stick even with tac solution. Do you think material thickness also plays a role in contour over the edges?