Xpel vs Gobal same company Garware, spec off

I'm trying to understand based on what a tint shop told me that Global is the same exact film as xpel. So i compared the specs of xpel prime XR plus and Global QDP ceramic and they don't match up at all in terms of specs. I understand they are independantly tested but how can they be that far off from each other.

If you had to choose which would you choose and if it is all made by Garware and just branded with different names is QDP really xpel Prime XR and are the specs for xpel XR plus false?

thanks

I don't think xpel is made by Garware but i can tell you that the Global film itself will never be bad.  I've used the HP for 13 years now and NEVER had a return that was for film.  Had returns on the Llumar I used though right before I switched to Global.

3 hours ago, arf22 said:

I'm trying to understand based on what a tint shop told me that Global is the same exact film as xpel. So i compared the specs of xpel prime XR plus and Global QDP ceramic and they don't match up at all in terms of specs. I understand they are independantly tested but how can they be that far off from each other.

If you had to choose which would you choose and if it is all made by Garware and just branded with different names is QDP really xpel Prime XR and are the specs for xpel XR plus false?

thanks

check this vid out 

1 hour ago, Ryker said:

I don't think xpel is made by Garware but i can tell you that the Global film itself will never be bad.  I've used the HP for 13 years now and NEVER had a return that was for film.  Had returns on the Llumar I used though right before I switched to Global.

That is what the tint shop said but I also searched this forum and multiple people confirm it comes from Garware. I don't know I'm not a tint expeert just going off what I heard and saw on a older thread.

Question still begs if they are the same why the delta in specs

17 minutes ago, civicrice said:

check this vid out 

Thanks, it just shows me a lot of the dealers who told me 3M is the best are full of it and the General did poorly against the xpel. So at the end of the day I'm even more confused as a consumer.

don't sweat it its just tint.  at the end of the day service goes a long way.  anything from lumar, xpel, 3m and global should meet your needs. they are all good films that will last for years! but to answer your original question xpel and global might be made by the same manufacturer but are NOT THE SAME FILM. 

Edited by civicrice

11 hours ago, Ryker said:

☝️ Im a Llumar and Global dealer. I had one ATC return once after 3 years for bubbling on the backglass. Im going to take it as a fluke. That was the only case in 12 plus years. Almost zero issues fot Global. There was an issue of curling with Global but it was traced to a QDP 30 roll. Other then those two case both have performed flawlessly. 

Agree with @smookee408@yahoo.com  I like Llumar film, but hate the way they do business.  They treat the smaller shop like crap.  Good film though :heh  Global is top notch stuff.  Haven't had any returns other than it being my fault.  Shrinks easy, installs great and last forever.  Can't say whether Xpel is really Global film.  I had heard that rumor also but we peons will probably never know the real truth.  Let's just hope it is Global so that at least it will be good product.  :thumb 

Guest Shadow man
On 7/22/2020 at 10:48 PM, smookee408@yahoo.com said:

Man I hate Llumar on hot days. Patterns always falling off the peel board. 😖

Why do they roll it liner in? 

Because it loads in the plotter upside down.