Curved Back Glass

Hard to describe / easier to show. 

You are being too aggressive with your shrink and need to pre shrink certain parts of the fingers before planting them with a card. 

Film will only shrink so much then it gives up. You need to leave more at the top so you can lift and pull while shrinking, so that the fingers aren't as tough to deal with.  

There’s a good few people that have had trouble with it. I refuse to roll up the film and not do it because that’s not how you learn. Practice makes perfect. The prep is with Dry Shrink Prep and I do it exactly how they show to do it. What’s left at the end are in the following pictures...

I’m clearly missing something and need more practice to feel the film out. I’ve been tugging/pulling on it a bit as I’ve heat shrunk it and then carded it of course. I go in rows just like the videos show it.

91CFA107-5475-45F3-90D1-623236B96FC9.png

208AB7FB-E9A4-46F1-9083-BA2DE7A75CE3.jpeg

What film you are using will make a big difference.  Heat gun or guns, torch, how hot they are, how close, how you move them, how you angle them.  All of these will make a difference in the shrink!

13 minutes ago, TintingRookie said:

P.S. that is why I posted on here “no ma’am”... to “get advice from just about anyone on here”.. hence TintingRookie 😉

I feel like that glass aid stuff isn’t helping your feel for the shrink in the corners. I feel like you’ve got way to much film on the sides and are making more to shrink. You could try leaving your top corners loose. Like an old integra. And if the bottoms not a problem move your anchor point up.