spacer
xpel
suntek
spacer
Sign in to follow this  
Lamont j

Popcorn on defroster lines

On 3/15/2021 at 12:20 PM, Lamont j said:

How do I prevent popcorning on defroster lines?

This is what I do. Use a clay bar instead of a scrub pad (it picks up more dirt between the defroster lines) and before install I turn the rear defrosters on. I only do this to cars like mustangs etc. 

:yeah   :lol2    I was thinking that but just didn't say it.  That sh!t get stuck in ever E thing = teeth, fingernails. 

On 3/15/2021 at 11:20 AM, Lamont j said:

How do I prevent popcorning on defroster lines?

If your talking about the film popping off then figure out a smoother shrink style.  The film pops because it's not flat. Over shrinking is a problem.....

Look at my signature or look up "the ryk shrink" on YouTube. Figure that out and you will likely find your solution.

Use double 00 steel wool and scrub the defrost line much as possible and shrink the film slowly and not to over heat the film.

On 3/18/2021 at 8:17 PM, Ryker said:

If your talking about the film popping off then figure out a smoother shrink style.  The film pops because it's not flat. Over shrinking is a problem.....

Look at my signature or look up "the ryk shrink" on YouTube. Figure that out and you will likely find your solution.

I have been searching on the proper methods to shrink for a rear window. 
I like that idea/ method with the 2 guns. I have a gun that I am not having good luck with shrinking, so I was off to buy a new gun today.

Rookie on a Ryker mission.