Mercedes 223 front windows tint

Alexukr

Um, it appears Mercedes IS installing factory solar control (dark) glass on the back of sedans.

There's no way to get an exact color match to factory glass using after-market window film. Close, but no cigar in the results.

Maybe a straight-dyed film product would come closest, but anything with ceramic or metal deposition would be a crap-shoot.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:51 PM, TintDude said:

Thanks for correcting me, I thought that was against fed law.

It is in the US if it's classified as a passenger vehicle. I've noticed more and more vehicles being classified as MPVs on the Vin tags in the doors jamb and they're mostly shipping with privacy glass in the rear. I also believe that in the international market (certain markets anyway) they're allowed privacy glass from the factory on sedans

On 9/14/2022 at 6:51 PM, highplains said:

It is in the US if it's classified as a passenger vehicle. I've noticed more and more vehicles being classified as MPVs on the Vin tags in the doors jamb and they're mostly shipping with privacy glass in the rear. I also believe that in the international market (certain markets anyway) they're allowed privacy glass from the factory on sedans

If you remember I did I a 5 series a few years back that had privacy on only the back driver or passenger roll up. Not the qtr or back or any other window. New from the dealer. The Wehrmacht’s quality control was lacking that day :lol

12 hours ago, no ma'am said:

If you remember I did I a 5 series a few years back that had privacy on only the back driver or passenger roll up. Not the qtr or back or any other window. New from the dealer. The Wehrmacht’s quality control was lacking that day :lol

I do remember that now that you mentioned it!

This car in Europe and back windows was factory tinted. 

My idea was is anyone tried to put on front windows different color or shade of tint like dark brown or dark grey. And logical factory front windows should look as black as possible from the outside if there is a film with a grayish or brownish shade. 

Снимок экрана 2022-10-07 в 18.40.11.png

On 9/12/2022 at 6:24 AM, Alexukr said:

Hello

I have problem with frond windows. They do not match with rear stock windows. Already changed  2 times tint and still bad result. Any ideas which tint to use to make it look max similar to rear windows?

8B6AAF24-04DC-4ABA-8D3F-22BD98601FC3.jpeg

Are the front 2 laminated? Can we see this with the windows part way down?