Advice - is this tinting job acceptable?

So these are the photos of the two worst windows, I think I know the answer but would like to hear it from everyone else...

There also looks to be some adhesive on one of the frames, but that's not too big a deal

Is this worth a retint in a proper shop?

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 1.52.20 PM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2024-02-09 at 1.52.19 PM (1).jpeg

Unfortunately, I would take it to a regular shop. Maybe they will have mercy and win a customer for life if they can get it right.

Check the reviews and go look at their work on site around mid day. They should have a few fresh installs out in the lot. 

If you have questions about their products post em up before you go for the installation. Someone here will try to help out I'm sure.

Yeah this is a useful forum with lots of knowledge, 

I probably will I'm grateful! Is there such thing as a difficult car to tint? Car is a BYD Seal (not sold in the US), l thought it'd be a fairly straightforward job

I'm surprised aboutthe quality even 2nd time around. The tinter was recommended by a family member, and doing research they had been around for a long time and only had 5 stars out of 5 from google from 50+ reviews, so wondering if it's possibly the car rather than the installer.

Looking around at a couple of reputable tint shops, one uses XPEL Prime XR and the other Llumar IRX.

Is one better than the other?

If XR Black, IRX has a higher IR heat rejection. If XR Plus, it has a higher IR heat rejection. However, focus on which shop you feel will do the better job. Reviews are a great starting point, but stopping by the shop to see some vehicles in the parking lot is better. Also, see which shop seems more confident about their work.

👆correct.

Yes some cars are more difficult. However from your pics that model looks pretty simple. Only some of the Euro cars and very few others are difficult these days.

Usually because of fuzzy window seals or door panels that block access to the glass, and a good installer will know what to do when that becomes an issue.

When you find the right shop that does the job properly, please send them to sign up TintDude. It's always nice to share knowledge and expand the network of good installers. 

:beer