Advice - is this tinting job acceptable?

8 hours ago, Steveo said:

bs there are ways for a tinter to get it right

So even for an mobile job, is this below acceptable and worth getting the guy to fix? 

Definitely will go onsite for next time. 

Edited by Pbear

yes there is , if u r an actual tinter. i do things others would not even consider. an open mind and testing something is key....... question, how did we get to heat shrinking, fuk me , wish i knew that back then

10 minutes ago, Pbear said:

So even for an onsite job, is this below acceptable and worth getting the guy back? 

Definitely will go onsite for next time. 

no. he will not honor it. 

4 hours ago, doctor4766 said:

"What did you expect? I did it in your driveway"

Ding Ding Ding...we have a winner🏆

....that is unless steveo wants to hit the meth pipe again and feed himself to a crocodile🐊🐊🌴

Unfortunately mobile work is very difficult to get correct, as previously stated, and most guys offering mobile services are otherwise unemployable, like the clown that keeps showing up in this thread. 

I would contact the mobile tinter to get it redone or removed/refunded if they don't feel they can do any better. Can a mobile job come out clean? Yes, especially if they are covered like in a garage. Is there a higher risk that a mobile job won't come out clean? Yes, you are just exposed to many more elements that cause debris in the film. Skill can only take you so far in a poor installation environment. It really comes down to pure luck if the mobile job will be clean or not.

I've done my share of mobile tinting.  It is up to the installer to set expectations BEFORE the job is agreed on.  There is no way in hell I'd even consider tinting outside.  My last mobile job was a grand new Demon 170 at a local dealership.  It was brought into a side showroom, out of the elements, away from customers, opening doors, etc.  The final result was no different than in our shop.  Back to the OP...that install is extremely poor but without knowing the environment it was in, one can only speculate.  

Mobile installs can be just as clean, but unless the garage has a two car space, is clean without much stuff and the wind is’nt blowing hard it won’t be. One other factor with mobile is customers watching. That makes it harder and more stressful. Most mobile custys want to talk to you and keep an eye on you. 

As for the install that tinter saw that and said F it!!

Edited by pbalentine

There are plenty of awesome mobile tinting installers out there. Obviously, this person is not one of them. If your garage is clean and your car is clean it shouldn't be a problem. Most tinter's with shops always demonize mobile guys because their overhead is much higher. If the guy sucks at tinting, being in a shop won't help that.

Thanks for your advice everyone. The tint guy ended up coming back and admitted it should not be contaminated like that and redid the job. I'll post some photos shortly but I can clearly see some specks on each window.

Would appreciate your views on the 2nd time job and if getting it done at a shop somewhere else would yield better results or if this is as good as it gets.