CPFilms, Screwing the pooch?

GILA Revolutionizes DIY Automotive Window Tinting With New Custom Cut Program

MARTINSVILLE, Va., Nov. 14 /PRNewswire/

-- GILA? Film Products has revolutionized automotive do-it-yourself window tinting with the introduction of Custom Cut™ window film. Do-it-yourself application is now easier than ever with Custom Cut, which offers window film pre-cut to fit more than 2,000 vehicle models from approximately 30 different manufacturers.

With Custom Cut the challenge of measuring, cutting, and trimming the film has been eliminated. Consumers can purchase window film in four different light transmissions, pre-cut specifically for their vehicle. Consumers just need to know their vehicle year, make and model prior to ordering.

"GILA has listened to customers to create a no fuss automotive window film that most anyone can install. Custom Cut window film cuts the application time nearly in half, and gives customers a professional looking tint job at a reasonable price," says David Kaliser, Business Director for GILA Film Products. "Between the pre-cut film and easy-to-use adhesive, Custom Cut is expected to make tinting your car windows a more attainable do-it-yourself project."

Window film can help keep vehicles cooler and protect interiors from fading. Made exclusively with GILA UltraShield window film, Custom Cut reflects up to 67% of the sun's heat to help you feel cooler while driving. UltraShield film also provides up to 99.4% reduction in damaging ultra violet light to help protect interior upholstery and trim.

Custom Cut can be purchased for the entire car or for individual windows on a special order basis nationwide at Advance Auto Parts or directly from GILA by calling 1-***-***-****. Prices for complete Custom Cut kits currently range from $59.88 to $79.88 per vehicle, with larger vehicles being at the top of the price range. Each Custom Cut kit is made to order by GILA and will arrive at the consumer's home or the retail store for pick up in approximately seven days.

In addition to pre-cut patterns, Custom Cut also features EZMount Adhesive to help make installation even easier. If you notice an air bubble or imperfection after the film is applied, EZMount allows you to peel the film away from the glass, correct the mistake, and re-apply for up to 24 hours after initial installation. When it's time to replace the film, EZMount also removes cleanly without any special tools, leaving no adhesive residue behind. Consumers with installation questions can contact GILA at ***-***-**** or www.gilafilms.com for 24 hour support.

All Custom Cut kits must comply with state tint laws. Tint laws vary from state to state, and consumers should always consult the regulations for the state where their vehicle is registered before applying any window film. Current tint law information is available in the Custom Cut catalog at the Special Order center in Advance Auto Parts stores and on the GILA website.

GILA? is the leading manufacturer and supplier of performance and appearance window films and accessories to the do-it-yourself home improvement and automotive aftermarkets. GILA is a division of CPFilms Inc., the world's largest manufacturer of solar control films with distinction in the areas of research and technology, manufacturing, global distribution and dedicated customer service. CPFilms is headquartered in Martinsville, VA and is a division of St. Louis-based Solutia, Inc. For additional information on GILA films, visit www.gilafilms.com .

Source: CPFilms Inc.

Man, I just don't have anything nice to say about this, so I'm saying nothing at all. :krazy

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My brother had a new guy working with us a couple months back. He cleaned the windows and watched us install for a couple weeks. Then my brother cut some patterns for him to install and the result was priceless. Never laughed so hard in my life :lol6 . So you get a consumer with no knowledge of even installing a precut film, and I would say gila won't be taking our jobs away from us anytime soon IMO.

For a manufacturer to do this to their dealers ...I have no words either :lol6

Why can't they see the big picture? either way a consumer is going to get their car tinted ..I honestly believe it won't make people suddenly want to tint their car because they can save a few dollars ..the only difference is now it's not installed professionally :lol6

Imagine the damage these people are going to do to their cars. This is very short sighted in my humble opinion.

It will harm the industry by giving a bad impression of window film having all these DIY jobs running around looking like crap.

It will harm the professional tinters as well for obvious reasons, lost work, impression by the public that it's easy to do and shouldn't cost more that 100 dollars to have done, etc etc.

It hurts the people buying the product as well. IF they don't damage their car while installing the film, they will certainly have a terrible looking installation and get a bad impression of the product as a whole.

It also cheapens the entire concept of window film to the level of plastic spinner hub caps from walmart...on the shelves right next to that kind of cheesy product.

All for a perceived quick buck.

I can't speak for anyone else, and this is just my opinion.

Archived