VW Bug doors

Guest alx4now

Guest alx4now

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

I WAS DOING NEW BEETLE AND COULD NOT DO THE FRONT SIDE WINDOWS. DO YOU TAKE OFF THE OUTSIDE MOLDING, HOW TO SHRINK? CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME STEP BY STEP METHOD ON HOW TO TINT THOSE SIDE WINDOWS? I DONT WANT TO MESSUP MORE FILM...

THANX

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintguy7

:spit

CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

I WAS DOING NEW BEETLE AND COULD NOT DO THE FRONT SIDE WINDOWS.  DO YOU TAKE OFF THE OUTSIDE MOLDING, HOW TO SHRINK?  CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME STEP BY STEP METHOD ON HOW TO TINT THOSE SIDE WINDOWS?  I DONT WANT TO MESSUP MORE FILM...

THANX

[*]308969

if you can't do the front side windows, what makes you think you can do the rear! pass on the job and cut your losses short. every window on the beetle has to be shrunk. :spit

Guest tintguy7
This is one of the reasons that we use TNTTEK cutting system! no cutting on car at all. all you do is clean the inside and apply!

[*]308970

thats not all you have to do on a beetle. don't you have to shrink every glass? if you ever tinted a beetle, all windows, with out shrinking, could you let me know! I never heard or seen a beetle done with out shrinking. :spit

We use Tinttek as well. You still have to shrink every window. The front windows on a beetle are a pain in the butt. You have to shrink them on the outside of the car. I hope you're dry shrinking. On the front sides put all the fingures on the bottom and make sure you move the film up so you have about a 1/4 inch gap on the bottom. That way you can shrink the film all the way to the bottom edge. Are you wet shrinking or dry shrinking?

pull the top of the panel up and back...then remove the gasket. after that you can remove the seal from all the way around the door frame.

This is one of the reasons that we use TNTTEK cutting system! no cutting on car at all. all you do is clean the inside and apply!

:thumb that just cuts the pattern dude...and not accurate every single time on every window. you still have to shrink.

Guest tintgod
If you use gasket wizards you don't have to pull the rubbers out.

[*]309001

yeah...and in the process...you can f'up the nicely painted door panels at the same time.. :thumb

Archived