VW Bug doors

Guest alx4now

but I am the world's best tinter :thumb

no ego here, simply taking out the window is better, compare that to someone who does it on there you'll see the results, im not im not insulting anyone who does the roll ups on there but I think taking out windows on "SOME" cars is better.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whats the deal with all the egos and attitudes on this site?

It would be no different in any other trade/message board. Get one Carpenter to talk about his hammer, or how he frames a wall, 20 are going to blast him. :lol2 It's the real world, welcome to it. :thumb

whats the deal with all the egos and attitudes on this site?

It would be no different in any other trade/message board. Get one Carpenter to talk about his hammer, or how he frames a wall, 20 are going to blast him. :lol2 It's the real world, welcome to it. :thumb

[*]309063

:bat

I shrink the bottom,

then position the film lower than the top edge,

and shrink the top too.

I shrink the top on a few models

including the hatefull beetles

:spit

Z

Guest alx4now
:spit
CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP!!!

I WAS DOING NEW BEETLE AND COULD NOT DO THE FRONT SIDE WINDOWS.? DO YOU TAKE OFF THE OUTSIDE MOLDING, HOW TO SHRINK??  CAN ANYBODY GIVE ME STEP BY STEP METHOD ON HOW TO TINT THOSE SIDE WINDOWS?? I DONT WANT TO MESSUP MORE FILM...

THANX

[*]308969

if you can't do the front side windows, what makes you think you can do the rear! pass on the job and cut your losses short. every window on the beetle has to be shrunk. :lol

[*]308978

Actually, I did rear and quarters, but still struggling with those side windows, every time I try to wet or dry shrink em they crease, I wasted so much film. So, how do you shrink em, seems imposible.

Guest alx4now
We use Tinttek as well. You still have to shrink every window. The front windows on a beetle are a pain in the butt. You have to shrink them on the outside of the car. I hope you're dry shrinking. On the front sides put all the fingures on the bottom and make sure you move the film up so you have about a 1/4 inch gap on the bottom. That way you can shrink the film all the way to the bottom edge. Are  you wet shrinking or dry shrinking?

[*]308994

I tried both, the film just creases. Seems like those fingers are to large.

Guest ninjatinter
post-14134-1125154842.jpgAw come on guys!! Its a freekin beetle!!! They have been here for years!!! Just take yer time and shrink that fvcker!! Don't let a lil ol Beetle own you!!

Guest tint rookie
but I am the world's best tinter :passout

no ego here, simply taking out the window is better, compare that to someone who does it on there you'll see the results, im not im not insulting anyone who does the roll ups on there but I think taking out windows on "SOME" cars is better.

[*]309059

november, b4 the trip to sema.....youre on. quikest, cleanest job. loser.....buys first round. im getting thirsty already.

but I am the world's best tinter :hmmm

[*]309059

november, b4 the trip to sema.....youre on. quikest, cleanest job. loser.....buys first round. im getting thirsty already.

[*]309310

might as well just buy right now. :spit youre losing already..look at the post count

Archived