Guest autotinter
how many posts of use though.....

I can be a hoar.....therefor I can tint

[*]309398

you have broken my internet feelings :beer

[*]309755

when he buys u that beer everything will be ok :DD

Guest NokTint

shiot. this was one of the first cars I tinted. was a pain in the ass. but came out nice in 2 piece on the back glass. Front roll downs had minimal contamination on the front. It was the felt that bled on to the glass.. be aware of felt, take your time. this car was very frustrating for me... but hey I done it. (4 hours worth of headaches) HAHAHAHA

Guest imfear44

I had the op to work on a bug for a day to learn and prac. cut out pattern ,put your tint on dont sgueege heres where it gets fun, squeege the bottom only up to where you cut the bottom liner about 1in from bottom working out word get all fingers out then work your way up pulling to the corners but make sure no fingers on bottom anchor then roll the window up no fingers on bottom fit finishes nicely

I do shrink on the outside and inside. But as far as removing the glass :dunno This is one car for the masking tape! If you use one good piece of tape on the front and rear gaskets, use extra soapy water, and a lil' chzler to slide behind side gaskets when squeegeing the slip in the clean process. This took me a while to learn but saved me 20 mins. on the car. thats a lot considereing it still takes me 2-2.5 hours.

Do you guys/girls remove the trim around the rear glass and vinyl/glue the matrix?

Guest zolar
I do shrink on the outside and inside. But as far as removing the glass :dunno This is one car for the masking tape! If you use one good piece of tape on the front and rear gaskets, use extra soapy water, and a lil' chzler to slide behind side gaskets when squeegeing the slip in the clean process. This took me a while to learn but saved me 20 mins. on the car. thats a lot considereing it still takes me 2-2.5 hours.

Do you guys/girls remove the trim around the rear glass and vinyl/glue the matrix?

[*]389540

glue yes :bat

pull the gasket :lol2 I will pull the next one

I shrink the bottom of the roll up

then re-wet and slide the top edge below the top of the window

and shrink the top like you would the bottom

gets the fingers down from the outside

the inside is easy then :lol2

Guest marty@xtreme

I've only been tinting for about 6 months now. It's probably no secret but I have been using a method that works really well for the two door windows on the new beetle. First, heat shrink the film using the baby powder method just like you would a back glass. You don't have to shrink it a lot. Now take the door panel off and pull the rubber seal from the top of the door (in the window area). Once you get the film on the glass, smooth out all fingers with your hand. Now make a "+" pattern and work out each quarter just like the rear glass. I have done several bugs using this method and have all worked out the first time.

Guest Tint Shop

I personally like the wet method for doing the front doors. I will put my method in order

1st lay out the film so there is an over lap at the bottom, then cut off the excess so that you have a matching curve like the bottom of the glass.

2nd raise the film up off the lower rubber seal about 1/2 an inch and squeegee a horizontal line in the middle of the window, then work the fingers that are below the squeegee line to the bottom of the glass and heat them out.

3rd wet the film so you can move it again, slide it down over the rubber seal enough so that you can tuck it in to the weather strip on the inside of the window. Then do a horizontal squeegee line like the first and this time heat out all fingers up to the top of the glass.

4th Cut the top edge of the glass and then lower the film off the top edge about 1/2 inch and finish heating out the fingers.

I found taking out the seals as mentioned in this post to be a huge help. Just use a window bone or some kind of hard card to get it started then pull it out. When putting it back in use some soap to help slide it back in to the door frame.

Archived