IS 250

pierce8468

Just avoid taking off the panels..? But I did used to work at a Lexus dealer, and they warned on the LS430's to not use too much water b/c it would mess up the window control module in the door. Only saw it happen once with a new installer. So dont know how much water is too much.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just avoid taking off the panels..? But I did used to work at a Lexus dealer, and they warned on the LS430's to not use too much water b/c it would mess up the window control module in the door. Only saw it happen once with a new installer. So dont know how much water is too much.

Ok so maybe I spoke too soon..lol. I got one of these this morning. Talk about a coincidence. Yeah, taking the panels off is not too bad. the top gets stuck and its hard to get back on. Thats when the door lock mech. gets undone, when you are trying to get the top of the door back onto the frame. Seems like toyota got a little slack on the QC when those parts were made. I remember back (at the lexus dealer) in the day actually breaking a couple trying to get them off or back on they were so tight. I cant believe that they just come off so easily now. Hmmm...

simple fix ............... If you did not remove any power connections and just pulled the panel and you have the door locking problem as in the first post.....simply check the alignment of the pivot rod directly behind the manual switch..... works all the time........ 5 0 was correct

I really dont like the door panels on those things, but I also hate to remove door panels to tint a window :err

Yeah I have only tinted one of these, the rest of the car was easy. But the fronts weren't much fun. I left the trims on too. I hate removing them. Especially on the pricey cars.

Pain in the ass car.....just the 2 front roll-ups....the rear half of the car takes 30 minutes

I had to shape the 2 front roll-ups.....but I did not remove the panels.....fuggin :rollin box..... :thumb

:lol6

Ha ha yeah I found the same situation mate

:lol6

I just did one and when you take the panels off you need to take the felt strip off by undoing the four tabs that connect the felt strip to the door panel and then when your all done you put the felt strip in first and then just snap the panel back on to it, then you dont need to fight it when putting it back on

I just did one and when you take the panels off you need to take the felt strip off by undoing the four tabs that connect the felt strip to the door panel and then when your all done you put the felt strip in first and then just snap the panel back on to it, then you dont need to fight it when putting it back on

we have a winna!!

its the only way to get the panel back on corectly and in a timely fashion

Guest strictlytinting

ive done alot of these I had to learn the hard way ,all you have to do is remove the 2 panels,and make sure you reset it,I just disconnect the battery for about 5 min ,reconnect it and it reset it self,just reprogram the radio stations

Archived