Tining front Windshield leaves hazy/blurry look

Guest wkjoyce

Guest thetintshop

it's the windshield, and the film together, and I'll explain. the windshield of any car is designed to be viewed through from the angle at which it lays on the roof and pillar pinch welds. to be clear, the glass actuually has to be distorted. all you have to do is stick your head up in the dash and look through the glass at an angle and you can tell, everything will be "wiggly" and fuzzy. so when you lay film on the glass, it distorts the apperance of the glass. also, film is not designed to be looked at from an angle either. look at any back glass that's laid down at a significant angle and you can see the distortion. so basically, any film you put on the windshield will have at least a minimum amount of distortion.

also, aftermarket windshields are not very good either. if it's not, a LOF, PPG, SAFEGUARD, or a factory glass, like Nissan or Toyota, it's not very good glass and can actually be dangerous. you should always steer clear of "tiawanese" windshields.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wkjoyce

Thanks thetintshop. Your explanation makes sense. I just looked through my windshield from different angles, like right on the dashboard and I couldn't really see any distortion. I didn't look too hard and it's probably not that noticeable. The combination of the windshield and the film must have did it. My car's windshield slops at around a 50 to 60 deg. angle. I guess I am out of luck. I wish the tinter explained this to me prior; think I am due a refund?

Guest wkjoyce
so, look at your glass, it may be an aftermarket glass and that could be adding to your problem

Doubtful, it's a brand new car.

Guest Zrok

I doubt if you're due a refund seeing as how you pulled the film off yourself, instead of taking your concerns up with tht tinter. and in that event, they probably wouldn't refund money anyways. sorry. :dunno

Guest S and S
I doubt if you're due a refund seeing as how you pulled the film off yourself, instead of taking your concerns up with tht tinter.  and in that event, they probably wouldn't refund money anyways.  sorry.   :dunno
:lol

Guest thetintshop
90% OF THE SHELDS IVE DONE CAME BACK TO HAVE IT REMOVED! EXCEPT PUNKS OR COPS

he's saying most people that have it done usually don't end up liking it. except for punks or cops that use it for entirly different purposes.

I do auto glass along with tint, and when the windshields are out of the cars, the distortion is really noticable. any windshield that curves on the sides is usually noticable inside the car if you look at it from an angle.

there are some films that are really clear, like huper optics. I've never dealt with 3m's color stable, but TD usually knows what he's talking about, so you may try to find somebody selling that one.

Archived