Tining front Windshield leaves hazy/blurry look

Guest wkjoyce

Guest TINTFXold

HONESTY WILL RULE HERE FROM NOW ON!!!!!!!! if the reps cant take it, get out !!!! oh, and to let you SG reps know, I found my last roll of your product today and set fire to it..... and danced around it.... picture that :spit

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thetintshop

I was leary of this first guy cause he kept putting off the leagality of the w/shield being tinted. and the questions he was asking was a little too "in depth" for your average consumer. but I wasn't gonna say anything. but when this dave person comes in, and starts using glass lingo, I was like "what the...". I used lamens terms, because if I start saying s**t like "the clarity of the glass-pvb-glass assembly can be effected by vacuum level, time of ambient deairing, and oven temp. it also can be effected by the different rheology and roughnes of the surface of the pvb. also the different types of sand used by different manufactures in the construction process of the floats creates different appearances along with different stregths once the floats are bonded to the pvb." anybody not associated with auto glass would have been like "HUH?"

so I described it the best way I could without sounding like a smart ass. (like that dave guy)

I think we may have some reps up to no good, I'm not answering anymore "in depth" questions by newbies, I felt like I got suckered in by that first guy, so I'm gonna steer clear.

no worries TTS, other people are helped by your participation, even if it was in reply to a dubious post. It's allways a good idea to speak in laymens terms here, for one, everyone will understand you, and two, no one will think you are fronting.

:spit

Guest wkjoyce

:shoot4 - Innocent until proven guilty.

Seriously though, I have learned all this terminology from reasearching and listening to you guys.

To at least prove my original story, here are some before and after pics

50% Windshield

After I removed it my self :shoot1

If you guys still need proof, let me know. I am a technical person by profession, so that explains a lot if you ask me.

Guest atypicaldave

Smell?

I smell adhesive, dawn, palmolive, joy, bay shampoo and all that comes with 23 years in the film business. BTDT with every film out there over the years and made it a mission to learn as much as possible.

Tinted next to auto glass and standard glass companies the entire time and in my slow periods I asked lots of questions. You?

Well I spose you can smell and be leary, nothing I can do 'bout that. Most of my life I've observed people's reaction to those in the know, this is no different. Schucks, I really thought it would be in here.

Sorry if I rain on your parade, just tryin' to be helpful.

Gots an Impala to do now so will see ya round?

Guest Rama

Well, I AM A LOWLY TINTER! And I have tinted windshields before, on a few occasions. I usually use SunGuards 60% Oasis. Its a neutral non-reflective film, cuts about 40% heat I think. Don't have much of a problem with grainyness, but then again, I don't do it very often. Never had a complaint though, but I can count on one hand how many I've done. Did break a w/s once from the heatgun though, when doing it. Ouch! Used to use Solis for them, it worked ok, didn't last too long as the w/s had to be replaced due to cracks later on. My advice, don't bother with it, unless your a tinter and can deal with the headaches that go along with it, aka strip it if you don't like it, replace with something else. As to a refund? It woudn't happen in my shop! The film is fine for the sides, if its not good on the front, due to different glass construction, how is that the tinters fault? One could make the point that they should have warned you, but most of us don't do enough of these to notice much of a problem.

Smell? 

I smell adhesive, dawn, palmolive, joy, bay shampoo and all that comes with 23 years in the film business. BTDT with every film out there over the years and made it a mission to learn as much as possible. 

Tinted next to auto glass and standard glass companies the entire time and in my slow periods I asked lots of questions. You?

Well I spose you can smell and be leary, nothing I can do 'bout that. Most of my life I've observed people's reaction to those in the know, this is no different. Schucks, I really thought it would be in here.

Sorry if I rain on your parade, just tryin' to be helpful.

Gots an Impala to do now so will see ya round?

sorry dave, don't take that the wrong way, I realize you don't know some of the things that have happened here that left us paraniod.

no worries mate :shoot1

Archived