2002 S 430 windshield tint / Cracking?

Guest ToddDevon

two ways. you.

or

since you say windshield was not cracked when you left, then o well, its your fault. but then you have deal with the fact of getting sued, and while your getting sued, judge will notice you tinted a windshield 35%

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintgod
You know, here is what kills me here.? 1) It is !llegal in all states to tint the windshield.? 2) AN insane person would be the only one willing to heatshrink on a windshield.? 3)Windshields are made of laminated safety glass, which consists of two curved sheets of glass with a vinyl layer laminated between them for safety, and are glued into the window frame. 4) The side and rear windows are made of TEMPERED GLASS.? 5) Laminated glass that is tinted will absorb to much heat and cause the glass to crack or break!

[*]384291

actually, these cars have lami side glass as well.

and yea, its pretty dumb to do a windshield 35% :lol

I once in a while do winshields, but no more than 70%. but depends what customer wants to put on the back or sides, would make the front real dark.

[*]384375

ok, who should pay for the new glass?

[*]384397

I think you gotta eat this one bud...and maybe you have learned a good lesson. :thumbdown

Not that it matters, but I have tinted a couple windsheilds and heatshrink all them ( just like I do the backs), and never had any problems. I know its a sensitive topic and the glass can break, but its not a sure thing. I just wouldnt suggest trying to shrink Huper or an all metal film on it. There were bullitens about tinting rear lamintaed glass on S class MB with heat shrinking and how it could break the glass (cant remember where it came from , btu when I was working at a dealership, it came to us).

Guest civicduty13

ive done a few windshields in the past couple years and have had no problems with any of them cracking. The latest one is a 1992 civic hatch with 15 all around and 35 on the windshield. I am using Llumar atr.

2402661_10_full.jpg

Yes, this is a very touchy subject. But since we are on it, I've tinted probably 200-300 windshields and NOT A SINGLE ONE had a problem. I've done Llu PP35 (all metal film), hp films like ketnuS, Llu, Johnjohn, dragnuS, Huper, VKool, etc. Most were in the 50% range. I've used wet-shrink (eons ago), baby powder, dryer sheets, and soap. I treat it just like a back glass up until the point that the film is hung and squeegeed down. ZERO heat from the outside. To be honest, ever since I started using the Mdog soap shrink, I rarely have anything to lay down after the film is hung, back glass or windshield. I do not condone tinting illegally but I think there are others here who do/have done it but do not admit it. Sorry if I've torqued anyone off.

Archived