2002 S 430 windshield tint / Cracking?

Guest ToddDevon

Guest a1wintinter
Yes, this is a very touchy subject. But since we are on it, I've tinted probably 200-300 windshields and NOT A SINGLE ONE had a problem. I've done Llu PP35 (all metal film), hp films like ketnuS, Llu, Johnjohn, dragnuS, Huper, VKool, etc. Most were in the 50% range. I've used wet-shrink (eons ago), baby powder, dryer sheets, and soap. I treat it just like a back glass up until the point that the film is hung and squeegeed down. ZERO heat from the outside. To be honest, ever since I started using the Mdog soap shrink, I rarely have anything to lay down after the film is hung, back glass or windshield. I do not condone tinting illegally but I think there are others here who do/have done it but do not admit it. Sorry if I've torqued anyone off.

:dunno:dunno

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey MAN you wanna come to north FL.?

Actually I have a family and a business to help them run and such, so I'm anchored down pretty tight. But when my wife leaves me and takes the kids, the house and the car and my job, I'm down.

Yo B, you work on some nice shzit.

thank you, I'm very lucky I guess.....

Early 2000+ S and CL had used LOW grade oem Pilkington glass shields/ well known for thermal breakage. Around 2003 Mercedes stepped up to PPG OEM glass, for good reason. I had similiar case back in O1 with ATR 50 two times [same car]. This customer keeped his local dealer service dept. occupied with warranty work. If your hooked on tinting shields stay away from Pilkington shields on S Class.....look at all the doors rolls with seal failures years later with PILK glass..

Archived