Horrible horrible tint job

Guest gronski

They knew it was that bad when it left their shop, I hope.

Get your money back, if they say thats the best they can do, after they remove that pathetic attempt at tinting your windows. If they dont remove it, it will cost you plenty at the next shop if they are any good. :rollin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest filmdit

I believe it was stated earlier that they (the offending shop) would step up and redo... that's how most business people conduct themselves... asking for a refund before giving a business person a second chance at making it right, is how consumer's like to conduct themselves.

If it was me, I wouldn't make another mistake of letting them do it again. It looks like that glass was not cleaned at all, there is no way the tinter cared about how it looked in the first place. I would get a refund and take it somewhere else, if it has to be done twice I would take my chances on someone else doing the job. But that's just me as a consumer, as a tinter it wouldn't leave the shop looking like that but I would redo it if I screwed up.

Guest gronski
I believe it was stated earlier that they (the offending shop) would step up and redo... that's how most business people conduct themselves... asking for a refund before giving a business person a second chance at making it right, is how consumer's like to conduct themselves.

I think this is a fair statement.

The worst of the pics got posted at the begining of this thread. But in looking at EVERY window I would say there are serveral flaws in each of them. When I go in on Wednesday I will present this to the owner / manager something along the lines of:

Please do take your second shot, but if the results are similar I will be asking you to remove all the film and refund my all money. If alternatively you do not feel you can tint this van due to whatever issues are inherent in its current condition (old rubber seals, design, etc.) then, at your option, feel free to waive this second chance and simply remove the film and refund my money.

Thoughts?

Chris

Guest haroldshouseoftint
Sounds like a reasonable straight forward approach, give it a try.

They might just leave that stuff on and refund your money.

sounds about right, but whatever you do don't let them leave that on, or like big money said, you will pay plenty to have it stripped and tinted later :rollin

if I couldnt get a job done correctly for some reason I would accept your offer for the refund. but like someone else has said they should be taken out. if he doesnt have any experience doing that, he should be willing to just give the money back than have a headache of a time trying and risking breaking one.

just keep cool and he cant deny you a refund. if you blow up than he has the upper hand.

Guest gronski

I was just looking at my paperwork and there is a box that says "Work Completed to Customer's Satisfaction" with an X for a signature. I didn't sign it.

While I just hope to resolve this with the original vendor, that MUST put me in a better position should this need to be escalated to FormulaOne or small claims court.

Out of curiosity how long would it take to remove tinting from my van? There are twenty individual windows (including the skylight) in the whole van (since many of the windows are split 50/50). There are 14 windows on the bottom and 6 on top (again including skylight).

Chris

I was just looking at my paperwork and there is a box that says "Work Completed to Customer's Satisfaction" with an X for a signature. I didn't sign it.

While I just hope to resolve this with the original vendor, that MUST put me in a better position should this need to be escalated to FormulaOne or small claims court.

Out of curiosity how long would it take to remove tinting from my van? There are twenty individual windows (including the skylight) in the whole van (since many of the windows are split 50/50). There are 14 windows on the bottom and 6 on top (again including skylight).

Chris

Chill dude and see what they do next weds. Everybody around here has been great and very helpful. However when you start mentioning court and stuff it tends to sour a few attitudes. Have a good Christmas and see how things turn out :ohcrap

Archived